Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Blue Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Kozman View Post
    Just an update on Blue Buffalo. I wrote to BB to ask if they are owned by P&G, see below response

Hi Bob,
    Thank you for taking your time to contact BLUE. BLUE is still a privately owned company. The corporate office is still located in Wilton, CT. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have,
    Have a great day!
    Take Care,
    Lisa
    Blue Buffalo Co.
    THANK YOU ! ! ! I always hate all of the rumors - and 'I was told by my sisters, boyfriends, 3rd cousin who used to work for a neighbor of the guy who once made' . . . you get the idea - People unless *YOU* have read it for yourself, from a real website (the actual companies in question) - then its probably a 'Rumor' that is probably not factual -

Bob beat me to the punch as I was checking out P&G brands on their website http://www.pg.com/en_US/brands/all_brands.shtml (nothing on BB but they do own Eukanuba).

When I googled P&G and BlueBuffalo, there are numberous posts on different Breed Forums that say, 'I was told by, a person in the know' but no hard facts. That's usually a GREAT Giveaway of the validity of a statement. If you ever get those other stories that seem to run rampant via Emails, Facebook etc. go to WWW.SNOPES.COM and search their site. They love busting Urban Legends

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LynnA View Post
    Attachment 21181This is the brand I am feeding him - so far so good but it's only been a few days - I also picked these up for treats Attachment 21182and not only does he like them but they smell so good, I would like to eat them too.

I will look into Fromm - I did ask my pet store about it but they did not sell it, will see if they can order it.

He seems to like his food and I haven't noticed anything different with him.

I hate to keep changing him but really want the best of the best for him, no matter the cost
    If it is working good don't switch just yet. But when you do you can get Fromm from petflow , Just use our link and give code englishbulldog for free shipping over $49

It is much easier then waiting for stores to special order it for you unless they plan on stocking it.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

BB did not work so well for my Bentley. Alot of soft poop and smelly farts OFTEN. Just my .02.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Chunk did great on Blue Buffalo but we are now feeding Blue Wilderness Salmon as it had done best for his skin and no more soft poop. Think he was allergic to chicken. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

So Chuck did have soft stool on BB....?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

I'm going to change to the grain free today and see how that works....
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Bulldog(s) Names
    Luna
    Likes (Received)

I feel for you, I went crazy choosing the best food for my girl, heard so many opinions it made my head spin...Merrick, Wellness, Fromm, blah, blah, blah.
    You have to try to see what's best for your Bully. As I said before, it took me three tries - first Purina(breeder had her on it) , second switch to Merrick but made my girl have soft poops and bad gas, and then I switched to Blue Wildness, poops were nice and firm and gas is not as bad and it's grain free!!.

Good luck choosing, it may take a few different brands but it will all work out.

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kozman View Post
    I feel for you, I went crazy choosing the best food for my girl, heard so many opinions it made my head spin...Merrick, Wellness, Fromm, blah, blah, blah.
    You have to try to see what's best for your Bully. As I said before, it took me three tries - first Purina(breeder had her on it) , second switch to Merrick but made my girl have soft poops and bad gas, and then I switched to Blue Wildness, poops were nice and firm and gas is not as bad and it's grain free!!.

Good luck choosing, it may take a few different brands but it will all work out.
    Thank you Kozman - today they ofcourse did not have the grain free puppy Blue Buffalo at my pet store so I am continuing on with the regualr puppy formula but switched flavors - hope he likes it (Chicken and Oatmeal) from Chicken and Brown Rice...

Your right, I could go bonkers trying to decide. So far, so good with what he's on so why chance it, right?!
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Likes (Received)

We recently switched from Blue Wildnerness salmon to Merrick's Before Grain buffalo. He did so well on Blue for a long time, but recently it was making him throw up. He's doing great on Merrick's now.

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyBully82 View Post
    We recently switched from Blue Wildnerness salmon to Merrick's Before Grain buffalo. He did so well on Blue for a long time, but recently it was making him throw up. He's doing great on Merrick's now.
    Nice to know, thank you! How does he do with the heat in Texas?

Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnA View Post
    Nice to know, thank you! How does he do with the heat in Texas?
    We keep the A/C on in the house at a comfortable temperature, plus we keep the ceiling fans on if it feels extra hot. We try not to walk him while the sun is out. So we'll walk him early in the morning and in the evening. He does pretty well.

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyBully82 View Post
    We keep the A/C on in the house at a comfortable temperature, plus we keep the ceiling fans on if it feels extra hot. We try not to walk him while the sun is out. So we'll walk him early in the morning and in the evening. He does pretty well.
    I plan to do the same. Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads