Question about Earthborn Holistic

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I stopped to pick up Vegas's Earthborn Holistic MeadowFeast that he has been on for months now, they were out! :eek: I had NO choice but to buy a small bag of Earthborn Holistic Great Plains, still grain free but Bison instead of Lamb. He only had enough of his Meadowfeast for dinner and I will give the Great Plains for breakfast. Is this going to upset his belly or is it like NVI where I could change flavors???
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

And the other's I know feed this food?? Thank You.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sorry no help here!! I know that you can mix the Fromm 4* flavours around without any problem but know nothing about the Earthborn. I think [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] use this now too ... or maybe not!! :blink:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] if i were you i would cut back how much you give him in the morning to see how it goes. such as if you give him a cup then maybe just do 2/3 of a cup. its alot more protein and a bit more fat and might give him some gas or something. its also 30 more calories per cup than the meadowfeast. if hes ok then you can always give him the rest in a bit. i would not think anything major would happen.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@KMARINO if i were you i would cut back how much you give him in the morning to see how it goes. such as if you give him a cup then maybe just do 2/3 of a cup. its alot more protein and a bit more fat and might give him some gas or something. its also 30 more calories per cup than the meadowfeast. if hes ok then you can always give him the rest in a bit. i would not think anything major would happen.

I mean Really Kelly....what's a little gas between Vegas and you! :laugh:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] if i were you i would cut back how much you give him in the morning to see how it goes. such as if you give him a cup then maybe just do 2/3 of a cup. its alot more protein and a bit more fat and might give him some gas or something. its also 30 more calories per cup than the meadowfeast. if hes ok then you can always give him the rest in a bit. i would not think anything major would happen.

Ohhh, now I am a little scared, I have to work tomorrow, I will cut back some, do you think I should do a bland diet until they get his food in on Thursday? I can return this bag its not opened yet. On the other hand Vegas has lost 6 pounds from 63 for over two years to 57 since I put him on Meadow Feast, I personally think he is a little thin for his build, he is tall and long, and I worry about him, he has loose skin. Maybe try this to fatten him up some??

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Ohhh, now I am a little scared, I have to work tomorrow, I will cut back some, do you think I should do a bland diet until they get his food in on Thursday? I can return this bag its not opened yet. On the other hand Vegas has lost 6 pounds from 63 for over two years to 57 since I put him on Meadow Feast, I personally think he is a little thin for his build, he is tall and long, and I worry about him, he has loose skin. Maybe try this to fatten him up some??
actually this maybe better for vegas in the long run so no id just cut back some till he gets used to it. nothing to be scared about and believe me ive had some scary moments with food. long as there is nothing in there he is allergic to id keep it. lower carbs than the meadowfeast which is a good thing.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
actually this maybe better for vegas in the long run so no id just cut back some till he gets used to it. nothing to be scared about and believe me ive had some scary moments with food. long as there is nothing in there he is allergic to id keep it. lower carbs than the meadowfeast which is a good thing.
When you told me it was more protein and fat I thought immediately this might be what he needs, he is not bone thin by no means, but he has lost weight and has loose skin, I thought he looked better at 63 instead of the 57 he is now. Just my personal thoughts, at 63 he was pure muscle, now he has flabby skin like his mom, Lol!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We are going to switch HRH back to Fromm Beef Frittata. She has developed dandruff and thin patches of fur on one of her hips. Her coat just doesn't seem as nice as it was on the Beef Frittata either.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] does she get oily? I have noticed over the last couple of months since the food change Vegas's fur gets very oily fast, no dandruff, but within 2 weeks very oily.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], I sorta feel like she is a bit oilier feeling than before, but also she doesn't feel as soft. I was willing to give that part the benefit of the doubt, but the thin spots and dandruff I'm not.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Kelly,,, the Earthborn rep told me that no transitioning is necessary switching within their line of food. Our intent with the Earthborn was to give us an option for changing her diet alternatively with the Fromm. Since we see a couple things we are not happy with we are going to transition her back to Fromm and see if the negatives we are seeing go away, if not we know it isn't the food and may transition her back to Earthborn.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thank you for that info [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], good to know, I am thinking strongly about switching back to NVI too. I really don't see any difference in Vegas with the food change except he lost weight, and his fur gets oily really quick, just thinking this way. If he gets some gas, I will be at work, I just don't want him to have a belly ache!!! Believe it or not, I promise I MISSED the gas :ROFL:, I love every hair on his body. I am SO happy to be home with him again.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Thank you for that info @BruceP, good to know, I am thinking strongly about switching back to NVI too. I really don't see any difference in Vegas with the food change except he lost weight, and his fur gets oily really quick, just thinking this way. If he gets some gas, I will be at work, I just don't want him to have a belly ache!!! Believe it or not, I promise I MISSED the gas :ROFL:, I love every hair on his body. I am SO happy to be home with him again.
i just wanted to say one thing. if you are thinking of putting him back on the salmon it has pork in it which i believe vegas is allergic to. maybe the limited ingredient lamb? i have one of my bostons on it and hes doing great.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.