Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Earthborn Holistic

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question about Earthborn Holistic

Kelly,,, the Earthborn rep told me that no transitioning is necessary switching within their line of food. Our intent with the Earthborn was to give us an option for changing her diet alternatively with the Fromm. Since we see a couple things we are not happy with we are going to transition her back to Fromm and see if the negatives we are seeing go away, if not we know it isn't the food and may transition her back to Earthborn.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for that info @BruceP, good to know, I am thinking strongly about switching back to NVI too. I really don't see any difference in Vegas with the food change except he lost weight, and his fur gets oily really quick, just thinking this way. If he gets some gas, I will be at work, I just don't want him to have a belly ache!!! Believe it or not, I promise I MISSED the gas , I love every hair on his body. I am SO happy to be home with him again.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Thank you for that info @BruceP, good to know, I am thinking strongly about switching back to NVI too. I really don't see any difference in Vegas with the food change except he lost weight, and his fur gets oily really quick, just thinking this way. If he gets some gas, I will be at work, I just don't want him to have a belly ache!!! Believe it or not, I promise I MISSED the gas , I love every hair on his body. I am SO happy to be home with him again.
    i just wanted to say one thing. if you are thinking of putting him back on the salmon it has pork in it which i believe vegas is allergic to. maybe the limited ingredient lamb? i have one of my bostons on it and hes doing great.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    We are going to switch HRH back to Fromm Beef Frittata. She has developed dandruff and thin patches of fur on one of her hips. Her coat just doesn't seem as nice as it was on the Beef Frittata either.
    @LariP does she get oily? I have noticed over the last couple of months since the food change Vegas's fur gets very oily fast, no dandruff, but within 2 weeks very oily.

And see..the first thing I noticed about Jake after changing from the Fromm Beef was how much nicer his coat was! Softer than ever and his shedding is soooo much better. With Fromm his coat was always so dry and he had the dandruff then..but that's 100% improved! These guys are all so different.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

When you told me it was more protein and fat I thought immediately this might be what he needs, he is not bone thin by no means, but he has lost weight and has loose skin, I thought he looked better at 63 instead of the 57 he is now. Just my personal thoughts, at 63 he was pure muscle, now he has flabby skin like his mom, Lol!!
    Funny Cutty had loose skin when he first lost weight too but it has firmed up since. Or mostly anyhow. At first it stood out to me but not so much now. Try not to worry about him being too thin unless you see his rib bones. I know the drs do prefer this since they tend to have so many issues with hips etc. Cutty is looking skinny to me but he looks healthy so I am not worried although he is maintaining it so well I might add back a tiny bit to make sure he isnt still "dieting".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads