What ALL do you give your bully?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Not sure Abby's diet is going to answer your questions but for food, she gets a sweet potato mash 3 times a day. Mashed sweet potatoes. Blanched, chopped carrots, peas, string beans, red cabbage & red peppers. I add different vegetables each week to keep it new, but those are the staples. I used to add hard boiled eggs but last week her new holistic vet added these meat patties to put into her mash. The jury is still out on those tho. So far so good, 3 days, no shivers :)

Vitamins are Renal Essentials by VetriScience,
Super vitamin B complex, Vitamins D & E, and CoQ10
Supplements are Apple Cider Vinegar in her water, Wild Salmon oil, and powered dog greens (
Spirulina, Chlorella, Alfalfa, Barley Grass, Wheat Grass, Kelp and Irish Moss) and every night a spoonful of applesauce with slippery elm.

Treats are whatever fruit my son doesn't eat first. Twice a day she gets a home made rice krispie/molasses treat.

Last edited:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Do you thaw the frtozen veggies or give them to them frozen?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
You guys are all so amazing and knowledgable ( not to mention dedicated :-) ) Dublin has lots of environmental allergies but have not been able to really figure out if she has food allergies. She has been on Royal Canin Hypoallergenice Vet Formula. Her coat is beautiful and everyone remarks on it but just can't get the yeast under control and I heard that can be a problem with the Royal Canin. Having read the section on food here I decided to try her on Fromm and am lucky to have a wonderful pet supply store near me. Well, I tried the Pork and Applesauce ( don't ask why? LOL) and she spit that out so fast. The only other thing I have seen her spit out is Banana so you know she likes most everything. I took it back and am now trying the Fromm Game Bird..The Royal Canin is Venison so I am hoping the flavor is more like it. Also trying the Fromm Canned shredded beef. What kind of meat protein (fresh) if any do you recommend. I do feed her boneless skinless chicken breast and sometimes ground beef..Good or bad... Thanks

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
You guys are all so amazing and knowledgable ( not to mention dedicated :-) ) Dublin has lots of environmental allergies but have not been able to really figure out if she has food allergies. She has been on Royal Canin Hypoallergenice Vet Formula. Her coat is beautiful and everyone remarks on it but just can't get the yeast under control and I heard that can be a problem with the Royal Canin. Having read the section on food here I decided to try her on Fromm and am lucky to have a wonderful pet supply store near me. Well, I tried the Pork and Applesauce ( don't ask why? LOL) and she spit that out so fast. The only other thing I have seen her spit out is Banana so you know she likes most everything. I took it back and am now trying the Fromm Game Bird..The Royal Canin is Venison so I am hoping the flavor is more like it. Also trying the Fromm Canned shredded beef. What kind of meat protein (fresh) if any do you recommend. I do feed her boneless skinless chicken breast and sometimes ground beef..Good or bad... Thanks

you should avoid potatoes if you have yeast problems. All the fromm flavors have potatoes in them. Some brand without potatotes...Earthborn Holistic, Nature' logic and Nature's variety instinct

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
My Emma is on raw food diet, called Barf diet. I will never give commercial food again to any dog. she had skin allergies, loose stool, gas, her hair was thin, etc
All the meds, were useless, and I tried them all. Went natural, her energy level went thru the roof in less than 2 weeks time, hair came back, stool was harder, no gas. The vet was shocked. She is beautiful and healthy. Highly Highly recommend raw, or at very least, some cooked and raw.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
every bully is different with the food choice. Fromm is very good, but it also has potatoes. You can try to return the bag and try either earthborn holistic or nature's logic. Watson is on Nature's logic beef formula and does well on it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.