Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What ALL do you give your bully?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What ALL do you give your bully?

Fromm Beef Fritatta or Game Bird (mostly beef) 2x a day..... treats are once a week frozen Kong w/PB or a beef marrow bone. For potty rewards (Cheli) he gets Zuke's grain free blueberry cookies
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Schultz gets 1/2 cup honest kitchen raw dehydrated with 1/2 cup Orijen kibble am/pm, add-ons a couple of supplements and digestive enzymes/probiotics....I switch him between a beef formula and a fish formula for variety (poultry is not his friend)....treats are fruits and vegetables.....

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

sarah has so many food allergies she is on daves 96% beef canned food with some chicken thrown in sparingly. she gets a can a meal. i was feeding her lowfat hamburger with it but i have just ordered vital essentials freeze dried beef niblets to try and see how she tolerates it. shes not big on veggies or fruit but will eat some banana. she gets natures bounty probiotic, cosequin vitamin, and pet naturals hip and joint. she also get a shot of wild alaskan salmon oil every day. i am going to order the freeze dried vital essential patties if she does well on the nibblets.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Not sure Abby's diet is going to answer your questions but for food, she gets a sweet potato mash 3 times a day. Mashed sweet potatoes. Blanched, chopped carrots, peas, string beans, red cabbage & red peppers. I add different vegetables each week to keep it new, but those are the staples. I used to add hard boiled eggs but last week her new holistic vet added these meat patties to put into her mash. The jury is still out on those tho. So far so good, 3 days, no shivers

Vitamins are Renal Essentials by VetriScience,
    Super vitamin B complex, Vitamins D & E, and CoQ10
    Supplements are Apple Cider Vinegar in her water, Wild Salmon oil, and powered dog greens (
    Spirulina, Chlorella, Alfalfa, Barley Grass, Wheat Grass, Kelp and Irish Moss) and every night a spoonful of applesauce with slippery elm.

Treats are whatever fruit my son doesn't eat first. Twice a day she gets a home made rice krispie/molasses treat.
    Last edited by Twice; 05-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Do you thaw the frtozen veggies or give them to them frozen?
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

You guys are all so amazing and knowledgable ( not to mention dedicated :-) ) Dublin has lots of environmental allergies but have not been able to really figure out if she has food allergies. She has been on Royal Canin Hypoallergenice Vet Formula. Her coat is beautiful and everyone remarks on it but just can't get the yeast under control and I heard that can be a problem with the Royal Canin. Having read the section on food here I decided to try her on Fromm and am lucky to have a wonderful pet supply store near me. Well, I tried the Pork and Applesauce ( don't ask why? LOL) and she spit that out so fast. The only other thing I have seen her spit out is Banana so you know she likes most everything. I took it back and am now trying the Fromm Game Bird..The Royal Canin is Venison so I am hoping the flavor is more like it. Also trying the Fromm Canned shredded beef. What kind of meat protein (fresh) if any do you recommend. I do feed her boneless skinless chicken breast and sometimes ground beef..Good or bad... Thanks

Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbiedog View Post
    You guys are all so amazing and knowledgable ( not to mention dedicated :-) ) Dublin has lots of environmental allergies but have not been able to really figure out if she has food allergies. She has been on Royal Canin Hypoallergenice Vet Formula. Her coat is beautiful and everyone remarks on it but just can't get the yeast under control and I heard that can be a problem with the Royal Canin. Having read the section on food here I decided to try her on Fromm and am lucky to have a wonderful pet supply store near me. Well, I tried the Pork and Applesauce ( don't ask why? LOL) and she spit that out so fast. The only other thing I have seen her spit out is Banana so you know she likes most everything. I took it back and am now trying the Fromm Game Bird..The Royal Canin is Venison so I am hoping the flavor is more like it. Also trying the Fromm Canned shredded beef. What kind of meat protein (fresh) if any do you recommend. I do feed her boneless skinless chicken breast and sometimes ground beef..Good or bad... Thanks
    you should avoid potatoes if you have yeast problems. All the fromm flavors have potatoes in them. Some brand without potatotes...Earthborn Holistic, Nature' logic and Nature's variety instinct

Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Oh no! I picked Fromm because it got the highest rating on the site..What to do?????

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma and Annie
    Likes (Received)

My Emma is on raw food diet, called Barf diet. I will never give commercial food again to any dog. she had skin allergies, loose stool, gas, her hair was thin, etc
    All the meds, were useless, and I tried them all. Went natural, her energy level went thru the roof in less than 2 weeks time, hair came back, stool was harder, no gas. The vet was shocked. She is beautiful and healthy. Highly Highly recommend raw, or at very least, some cooked and raw.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

every bully is different with the food choice. Fromm is very good, but it also has potatoes. You can try to return the bag and try either earthborn holistic or nature's logic. Watson is on Nature's logic beef formula and does well on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads