Maggie may not like FROMM .........

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:( ............ So last weekend we started the gradual switch from Beneful (bad food) to Fromm Salmon n Veg (good food). We are doing it VERY gradually and after a week are up to half a cup FROMM and half a cup of the old food. We have also bought the Grizzly Salmon oil which she doesn't seem to mind at all.

However, she used to eat her food quicker than you could blink, and now she's slowed right down. She will even leave it and go back to it later - so we are beginning to wonder if maybe she doesn't like FROMM. :confused:

I've just been on the Bully Market and got the coupon for the Avoderm. In the meantime we'll stick with the FROMM to see what happens, and get the Avoderm with the coupon to try it if we need to.

Does anybody have any recommendations for Avoderm?

On the PLUS side - since two days into the changeover of food and the addition of salmon oil she is like a new bully!! Full of energy (for a couch potato bulldog :p) and looking very good!

This is confusing and frustrating .... Maggie has NEVER not liked anything even remotely edible before.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi Kazzy, it could also very well be that her stomach is very upset from the food change. Even if you do it slow, some dogs do not take to the change in protein content- you are going from a horrid food to an excellent food- this will be terrible on the stomach while adjusting to the change. It is easier to switch from good food to good food-

This may be why she is not eating as much- she will also need much less of Fromm than the Beneful, because it has no fillers.

She will probably eat half her normal intake on Fromm.

Avoderm is excellent for bullies who do not have allergy problems. Even those will allergies can do well on it, but for allergy prone dogs grain free is always best. AvoDerm does not have Wheat, Corn and Soy- so most of the 'bad' grains for allergies are gone.

As far as weather your dog will love it- there is no doubt in my mind. Even *I* wanna taste it- it smells good!!!

Makes your bully smell good too! Very shiny, healthy coat.

You cannot go wrong with either of these two choices in my opinion, but one may be better for your bully than the other. And there may also be a different food that will work for your bully too- just make sure you do all changes and experiments very slow. I have been testing foods for 6 months- no less than one month at a time per trial of each food.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hi Kazzy, it could also very well be that her stomach is very upset from the food change. Even if you do it slow, some dogs do not take to the change in protein content- you are going from a horrid food to an excellent food- this will be terrible on the stomach while adjusting to the change. It is easier to switch from good food to good food-

This may be why she is not eating as much- she will also need much less of Fromm than the Beneful, because it has no fillers.

She will probably eat half her normal intake on Fromm.

Avoderm is excellent for bullies who do not have allergy problems. Even those will allergies can do well on it, but for allergy prone dogs grain free is always best. AvoDerm does not have Wheat, Corn and Soy- so most of the 'bad' grains for allergies are gone.

As far as weather your dog will love it- there is no doubt in my mind. Even *I* wanna taste it- it smells good!!!

Makes your bully smell good too! Very shiny, healthy coat.

You cannot go wrong with either of these two choices in my opinion, but one may be better for your bully than the other. And there may also be a different food that will work for your bully too- just make sure you do all changes and experiments very slow. I have been testing foods for 6 months- no less than one month at a time per trial of each food.

Thanks for the advice!!! We've been increasing the fromm by 1/4 cup every 3 days and so far no obvious signs of an upset stomach from either ends!! But your advice of giving each food a months trial makes sense - so I'll stick with it for another 3 weeks. By next weekend she should on FROMM fully. She certainly has a LOT more energy and seems happier!! :bully:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well it sounds to me like her having more energy and being happier is a great compliment to fromm foods thats for sure. I agree give it a try for a good month and see. My boys are just now starting their switch to fromm and they also havent eaten hardly any the last couple days. But since I free feed that is a normal thing that happens every once in a ehile with them also. And there isnt enough fromm mixed into their old food yet to be making a diff. Sometimes they just dont eat as much, or at least mine dont. You may be seeing that in your pup too now having good food in her. I did like the avoderm also for my boys but with all this talk about fromm I had to give it a try.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
UPDATE ... so we're still on half cup fromm and half cup old food with one squirt of the salmon oil. Maggie's energy levels are through the roof - at 10pm last night she was still using our bed as a trampoline whilst we were trying to get to sleep!!

AND ....... hooray ......... she's started to eat it all. Still eating a lot slower than she used to but I think maybe she does like FROMM after all!!! :heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
that is excellent news. :). Her decrease in excitement may be that she is not needing or craving essential nutrients anymore. Yay for maggie!

Most Reactions