Fromm Question on 2nd flavor

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hey all, curious on something... Kain has adapted very well I feel since we switched to Fromm other than the softer poop that seems to be related to qty of food more than anything.

His morning breathing and mucus is 200% better, night and day difference.

I have noticed a few slight spots on his coat that appear thinning or something so small if I didn't read this forum I never would of even noticed. Small little spot here and there with a thinning spot if that makes sense.

Is that also a puberty thing? I can try take a photo but it is so minor not sure it would show up.

I was thinking of trying Fromm Salmon instead of beef frittata would there be any difference, and would his coat even be effected by the food like that?

His mucus and breathing is so much better I would hate to try another food and go backwards as this is working well.

Lastly, what treat for training would you recommend from Fromm? Or just use beans and carrots?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Fromm is great b/c you dont have to slow switch...Some do good on beef some do good on surf and turf...Do a switch and see how it goes :) We have been using Beef Frittata for 3 months and we are going to try a different proetin now with Surf and turf and see how he does..We want to switch it up and thats why we chose Fromm b/c no slow switch :) They have Fromm treats as well that I get a bag when I get the food and it lasts a mnth I usually give him 1 every other day in morning on occassion and then he gets veggies, fruit as training treats and snacks lol

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Was going to say the same thing. Try a diff flavor, You will know soon how it works with your baby. Cant say exactly for Kain but Cutty had an allergy early on at around 9 months when we got him. Looked like almost a stretch mark with hair loss. Nothing major and just on his neck. The local bulldog vet said it was allergies and the breeder said it was from playing in the yard, or thought. Nope, turned out later after meds and shampoo being prescribed to just be a food allergy. Was being fed eukanuba and at the time I thought that was gold of course. Never saw it since. Might not be the same but that proves to me how important food is. Frustrating that a bully vet didnt know or care to know this at the time tho. typical I think...

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Just curious...is it possible to do one flavor of fromm in the morning feeding, and another flavor at night? That's what I was hoping to do.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Just curious...is it possible to do one flavor of fromm in the morning feeding, and another flavor at night? That's what I was hoping to do.

Yup thats the great thing with Fromm! I just bought a bag of surf and turf with my normal beef frittata so we are going to start giving surf n turf to see how he does on it...If no good I have the Beef on the side

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Hey there, Glad Kain is doing so well on the Beef Frittata. We have Rook on it too, and he is doing well. I say try out the other flavors, you will know pretty quickly if Kain has a problem with it. We tried switching Rook, but unfortunately his eyes got more teary and his face seemed to get more red so we are sticking with the beef for now. We plan on getting an allergy test once he is a year so we will have a better idea of our limits with his food choices.
I don't know much about the thin fur spots you are seeing, but hopefully someone else will be able to help with that!
I haven't tried any of the Fromm treats, but if Kain is like Rook it won't matter what you offer, any food will be viewed as a treat. I use green beans, or sometimes just some of his kibble, and Rook loves it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.