Wellness anyone???

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
ok here is what i got off the wellness site regarding the recall and such. so according to them they will no longer be associated with diamond pet foods and that they have tested all their products for salmonella and they were all negative. so take this as you will.
The products involved in this voluntary recall are:
Wellness Complete Health® Super5Mix® Large Breed Puppy, 15 lb. and 30 lb. bags and 5 oz. sample bags with best by dates of JAN 9 2013 through JAN 11 2013.

The majority of Wellness natural products for pets are produced in WellPet’s own modern state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Mishawaka, Indiana. WellPet no longer purchases any products from Diamond Pet Foods.

Well that is good info to know!!!!

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I would personally not go with it. Wellness is in the recall, maybe not what you bought but that should tell you something. It was a good brand but now with all this recall :poo: I wouldnt buy anything made from diamond ever. Just my opinion. To me if a food has been recalled it needs to go. Not worth the risk to my babies cuz eventually it will be recalled again.

Are you saying all of the Wellness products are in the recall ??? I'll have to read up on exactly what the recall is about and which exact products are included.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION] only 1 I believe is. Here is what was found out about it...

ok here is what i got off the wellness site regarding the recall and such. so according to them they will no longer be associated with diamond pet foods and that they have tested all their products for salmonella and they were all negative. so take this as you will.
The products involved in this voluntary recall are:
Wellness Complete Health® Super5Mix® Large Breed Puppy, 15 lb. and 30 lb. bags and 5 oz. sample bags with best by dates of JAN 9 2013 through JAN 11 2013.

The majority of Wellness natural products for pets are produced in WellPet’s own modern state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Mishawaka, Indiana. WellPet no longer purchases any products from Diamond Pet Foods.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I finally made the switch to Earthborn Holistic (a grain free) and he's doing wonderful on that. I liked the Wellness overall though. Keep in mind that the majority of Bulldogs are sensitive or allergic to chicken. I was also against ordering my dog food online but I finally did that with the Earthborn about 2 months ago. The smell of the food in wonderful as is the lack of waste when you get to the bottom of the bag - no kibble crumbs at all. :up: So glad I made the switch to this food.

Where are you ordering the Earthborn from? i'm interested in giving this one a try for my guys.

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Well i haven't done the pumpkin thing, his stool is getting softer and softer almost runny :( not sure what to do, should i just change the brand???? i have read about orijin, blue wilderness, fromm, ahhh just so many, i read about bulldogs being allergic to chicken? maybe that's what's causing it? HELP please i'm almost done with the bag of wellness. What you guys think i should do?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well i haven't done the pumpkin thing, his stool is getting softer and softer almost runny :( not sure what to do, should i just change the brand???? i have read about orijin, blue wilderness, fromm, ahhh just so many, i read about bulldogs being allergic to chicken? maybe that's what's causing it? HELP please i'm almost done with the bag of wellness. What you guys think i should do?

Did you do a slow switch? If not, baby will get the runs and will take a while to settle the tummy... I would cut back on the amount you are feeding and see if that helps first.... and add a tsp of canned pumpkin (not pie filling). Let us know.... :hug:

I have heard of soft stools on wellness puppy... Is that the one you switched to?

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Yes i did the slow switch, i'm actually still mixing the 2 of them, yes it's the wellness puppy, is there another there that i can give him?

Last edited:
OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Did you do a slow switch? If not, baby will get the runs and will take a while to settle the tummy... I would cut back on the amount you are feeding and see if that helps first.... and add a tsp of canned pumpkin (not pie filling). Let us know.... :hug:

I have heard of soft stools on wellness puppy... Is that the one you switched to?

Yes wellness puppy! should i try a different one? does wellness have another that i can use? and if they do, do i have to do the slow switch again? Thank u all so much for your responses, sorry i have so many questions, but i just want the best for my Rocky :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes wellness puppy! should i try a different one? does wellness have another that i can use? and if they do, do i have to do the slow switch again? Thank u all so much for your responses, sorry i have so many questions, but i just want the best for my Rocky :)

Okay, here is what I would do. Being that your pup is only 10 weeks I would not switch again YET. Try cutting back how much you are feeding. How much how many times a day are you currently on? Puppies digestive systems are not mature and I don't think another switch would be good right now. It may do more harm then good.

I think you have two choices, continue on the switch to wellness or go back to (don't yell at me anyone!) Euka-puka...

If you continue the switch cut back just a little bit, and the next meal give only half the normal amount

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dang I hit send...

After the half amount feeding reduce by just a small amount, and see if that helps.

Or return to eukanuba until the poo is back to normal, then try switching to a different premium food after after a couple of weeks.

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Dang I hit send...

After the half amount feeding reduce by just a small amount, and see if that helps.

Or return to eukanuba until the poo is back to normal, then try switching to a different premium food after after a couple of weeks.

Euka Puka!!! LOL, no kidding, ok so you're saying to feed him less overall? or just give him more eukanuba than wellness, because i'm still mixing the two of them, Like 80% wellness and 20% Eukanuba, since it's been a week and 1/2 since i started the switch process!

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Hi,

I had Bongo and Louie on it for awhile there puppy one and they never had a solid poop. Make sure you really watch that there both on Orijen now and love it.

Hi Bongo, well so how long did you daddy wait to change your food to Orijen?

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Ok that's it i'm going back to Eukanuba, until his poop gets firm and switching to another brand! now the question is WHICH ONE???? LOL Orijen, Fromm, Blue Wilderness, so many out there that people loves on this forum!! Ohhhh decisions decisions!!!

Members online

No members online now.