Thread: Wellness anyone???

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wellness anyone???

I make a lovely warm gravy out of Wellness Duck/Sweet Potato canned food + hot water that I stir into their kibble.
    The cats even love that stuff so I give them a little snort too.

Bulldog(s) Names
    ROCKY
    Likes (Received)

That's great to know, yes i really don't want to change it again so soon, and i'm still mixing it with his old food anyways, he seems to really like it, how much canned pumpkin do i give him? and just in one meal? or each one! i guess it's ok for him to eat it at his age? he's 11 weeks old today

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i think its like a teaspoon with each meal. im thinking its ok for puppies to.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    ok here is what i got off the wellness site regarding the recall and such. so according to them they will no longer be associated with diamond pet foods and that they have tested all their products for salmonella and they were all negative. so take this as you will.
    The products involved in this voluntary recall are:
    Wellness Complete Health® Super5Mix® Large Breed Puppy, 15 lb. and 30 lb. bags and 5 oz. sample bags with best by dates of JAN 9 2013 through JAN 11 2013.

The majority of Wellness natural products for pets are produced in WellPet’s own modern state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Mishawaka, Indiana. WellPet no longer purchases any products from Diamond Pet Foods.

Well that is good info to know!!!!

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    I would personally not go with it. Wellness is in the recall, maybe not what you bought but that should tell you something. It was a good brand but now with all this recall I wouldnt buy anything made from diamond ever. Just my opinion. To me if a food has been recalled it needs to go. Not worth the risk to my babies cuz eventually it will be recalled again.
    Are you saying all of the Wellness products are in the recall ??? I'll have to read up on exactly what the recall is about and which exact products are included.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

@Maximus only 1 I believe is. Here is what was found out about it...

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    ok here is what i got off the wellness site regarding the recall and such. so according to them they will no longer be associated with diamond pet foods and that they have tested all their products for salmonella and they were all negative. so take this as you will.
    The products involved in this voluntary recall are:
    Wellness Complete Health® Super5Mix® Large Breed Puppy, 15 lb. and 30 lb. bags and 5 oz. sample bags with best by dates of JAN 9 2013 through JAN 11 2013.

The majority of Wellness natural products for pets are produced in WellPet’s own modern state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Mishawaka, Indiana. WellPet no longer purchases any products from Diamond Pet Foods.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    I finally made the switch to Earthborn Holistic (a grain free) and he's doing wonderful on that. I liked the Wellness overall though. Keep in mind that the majority of Bulldogs are sensitive or allergic to chicken. I was also against ordering my dog food online but I finally did that with the Earthborn about 2 months ago. The smell of the food in wonderful as is the lack of waste when you get to the bottom of the bag - no kibble crumbs at all. So glad I made the switch to this food.
    Where are you ordering the Earthborn from? i'm interested in giving this one a try for my guys.

Bulldog(s) Names
    ROCKY
    Likes (Received)

Well i haven't done the pumpkin thing, his stool is getting softer and softer almost runny not sure what to do, should i just change the brand???? i have read about orijin, blue wilderness, fromm, ahhh just so many, i read about bulldogs being allergic to chicken? maybe that's what's causing it? HELP please i'm almost done with the bag of wellness. What you guys think i should do?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Where are you ordering the Earthborn from? i'm interested in giving this one a try for my guys.
    You can get it at Petflow @cali baker

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogMom31 View Post
    Well i haven't done the pumpkin thing, his stool is getting softer and softer almost runny not sure what to do, should i just change the brand???? i have read about orijin, blue wilderness, fromm, ahhh just so many, i read about bulldogs being allergic to chicken? maybe that's what's causing it? HELP please i'm almost done with the bag of wellness. What you guys think i should do?
    Did you do a slow switch? If not, baby will get the runs and will take a while to settle the tummy... I would cut back on the amount you are feeding and see if that helps first.... and add a tsp of canned pumpkin (not pie filling). Let us know....

I have heard of soft stools on wellness puppy... Is that the one you switched to?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    ROCKY
    Likes (Received)

Yes i did the slow switch, i'm actually still mixing the 2 of them, yes it's the wellness puppy, is there another there that i can give him?
    Last edited by BulldogMom31; 05-17-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    ROCKY
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Did you do a slow switch? If not, baby will get the runs and will take a while to settle the tummy... I would cut back on the amount you are feeding and see if that helps first.... and add a tsp of canned pumpkin (not pie filling). Let us know....

I have heard of soft stools on wellness puppy... Is that the one you switched to?

Yes wellness puppy! should i try a different one? does wellness have another that i can use? and if they do, do i have to do the slow switch again? Thank u all so much for your responses, sorry i have so many questions, but i just want the best for my Rocky

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads