How much should I feed?

ksanders04

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel
We just purchased a 6 month old bulldog and he weighs about 30 lbs, how often should I feed him. His previous owner told me twice a day, but he always seems to be so hungry.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
2x a day should be ok but how much are you feeding and of what type of food? I havent had a bully under 9 months ever so not too much help on exact amounts. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] can help there. I made this a whole new thread so it could get seen better also, hope you dont mind. ;)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
At 6 months..he is ready for an all stages food..Fromm has excellent choices. We went from 3 x a day..to twice a day at 6 months. So that seems fine. I would think 1 cup each feeding..if its a high quality food. Ohhhh and they ALWAYS act hungry!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Twice a day is good and depending on the food you use and how active your pup is 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cup each feeding. You will be able to adjust the food on how he gains weight. If he gets a little over weight or has soft poops cut back on the food a little, if too skinny increase the food a little.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes exactly. It will vary depending on what you are feeding, but that is right what David said if it is a good quality kibble.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
We are using fromm 3 times a day until he is 1 and then switch it to 2x per day. I'm slightly less then posted on the bag as I want him to stay lean and healthy.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
twicw daily and put him on the adult version of what you are feeding,karen

Members online

No members online now.