Earthborn Holistic Grain Free Great Plains Feast Experience

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well well well............we've been on California Natural low fat Lamb for 2 weeks. It's all natural, made in California, like the size and since no one here is jumping hurdles they can stand to do without the extra calories. Coats are nice. They've gotten some raw burger and rice too. I do notice tear stains are minimizing. poops are pretty darn good.
I hate talking about Kibble. !!! hate it hate it hate it. :laugh:

you all know I'm an admitted obsessional kibble hunter. (stalker):biglaugh:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]... Jake is on the Great Plains...the only adjustment I noticed was gas! :eek: but it has gone away and he is doing fine! There's ome thing in the MeadowFeast I decided to steer clear of some kind of bird! :ROFL:

As far as the shopping..... :laugh: but think all the $$$$$ you will save!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow

im right there with ya gf :yes: were sick i tell ya were sick :blah:

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Jack's been on the Great Plains since for about 2 months now and he's lost hair as well. He's already thinned furred but he's lost it on the underside of his neckl and his ears. It's weird because it looks like his molting like a bird on the neck area. I read this post awhile back so I've been wondering if the bision does not agree with him. I'm going to try him out on the Coastal Catch in the next week. That's the only issue he has right now. I'll report back if I think it's the bision.

Wilson and Emma are on the Meadow Feast and are both doing great on it.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]

We have tried Great Plains and that is when Watson's bully acne started (this maybe be coincidental) and occasional hives on Great Plains but much worse on Meadow Feast. But his stools were good and solid on Earthborn. He is doing the best on Nature's Logic Beef. No hives/hotspots.:happydance: He is on his second big bag and has been on it for 3-4 months.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] if the tear stains do not decrease before you order then you can do one of two things. your dogs did good on the bison so you can try the great plains earthborn or go with the pure vita bison grain free i suggested before. sound like things are better in some areas it just needs a bit of tweaking. id try the great plains bison maybe. im sorry its not working out so well. please do not go back to that natural balance stuff. :pray:

Thank you, my friend. I know what you think of NB LID. Believe me. :tease:

Natural balance or Natures Logic? Natures Logic is an excellent food. [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] have you ever tried Fromm yet?

I've not tried Fromm yet. Nature's Logic had mega tear stains. Boo! I loved how Bea would literally DANCE all the way to the bowl!

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]

We have tried Great Plains and that is when Watson's bully acne started (this maybe be coincidental) and occasional hives on Great Plains but much worse on Meadow Feast. But his stools were good and solid on Earthborn. He is doing the best on Nature's Logic Beef. No hives/hotspots.:happydance: He is on his second big bag and has been on it for 3-4 months.

How's the tear stains on the Nature's Logic Beef? Since Bison has been predictible for us before, I think I may try that Great Plains.... I'm wondering why I didn't go that way before? I will have to consult Dr. Cowsmom, my Gastro-Food-Ologist.

Jack's been on the Great Plains since for about 2 months now and he's lost hair as well. He's already thinned furred but he's lost it on the underside of his neckl and his ears. It's weird because it looks like his molting like a bird on the neck area. I read this post awhile back so I've been wondering if the bision does not agree with him. I'm going to try him out on the Coastal Catch in the next week. That's the only issue he has right now. I'll report back if I think it's the bision.

Wilson and Emma are on the Meadow Feast and are both doing great on it.

Interesting you mention that. Bo has some spots on him that I thought were just shedding winter coat. It's not seasonal flank alopecia...since I know what that is. I'm continuing to watch this. It appears as though his fur is actually CHANGING COLOR to a lighter color....I know. Weird.

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]... Jake is on the Great Plains...the only adjustment I noticed was gas! :eek: but it has gone away and he is doing fine! There's ome thing in the MeadowFeast I decided to steer clear of some kind of bird! :ROFL:

As far as the shopping..... :laugh: but think all the $$$$$ you will save!!

Crap. There's a BIRD in there? Damn. ha ha ha I thought this stuff was lamb. That might be our problemo too. Chicken is not our friend (Gas wise) and I have indeed noticed some interesting air around Bea. I'm so used to bullie gas though that it's kind of a non-issue now. LOL

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Well well well............we've been on California Natural low fat Lamb for 2 weeks. It's all natural, made in California, like the size and since no one here is jumping hurdles they can stand to do without the extra calories. Coats are nice. They've gotten some raw burger and rice too. I do notice tear stains are minimizing. poops are pretty darn good.

:ROFL:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Interesting you mention that. Bo has some spots on him that I thought were just shedding winter coat. It's not seasonal flank alopecia...since I know what that is. I'm continuing to watch this. It appears as though his fur is actually CHANGING COLOR to a lighter color....I know. Weird.
Here's a few pics I just took showing his molting chicken neck. Mike thought at first too that he was shedding his winter coat but I knew it wasn't.

Please excuse the multiple scratches on his neck, that's from EMMA!!! :lol: Poor Jack, he has no fur and she has shark teeth.

6aa1b4a2.jpg

9dd306a7.jpg

662be7c9.jpg

And his ear.
98bce585.jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well my one boston has been on the great plains for about a month and hes doing very well but i got a trial bag of coastal catch and he seemed to like that one even more so ive switched him to that. he likes the taste better and his coat seems to be getting even shinier and brighter so i guess we will stick with coastal catch. now there is nothing wrong with great plains just he seems some better with coastal catch. aw sorry @JeannieCO that jack is having trouble. my one boston did that on bb wilderness. his fur got kinda thin in places like between his back legs. it happens so slowly that your kinda like hm that dont look right. try the coastal catch dallas is doing great on it.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just ordered the Coastal Catch. I really like this line of food so I hope that works for him. I'm sure it's just the Bison that doesn't like him. Poor guy has no fur there to protect him from Shark Tooth Emma. :laugh: [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], I think it's just like anything else, what's good for one it not always good for the other, just like how people are allergic to certain things. I'll report back on how he does on the Coastal Catch over the next few months. :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yea i know [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] i really like this line of food to so i was hoping you could keep him on it is all. i have dallas on coastal catch and duke on acana grasslands as i think he is allergic to peas like sarah. hm pluck pluck pluck i wish i could do

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Wow [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] this is similar to what Truman did on it - he lost almost all the hair behind his ears and Linus lost quite a bit on his back. We thought maybe he was blowing his coat?

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Ordered yesterday from PetFlow; we're going to be moving from the meadow to the great plains (Earthborn Holistic). I am hoping this move back to bison (as was in our former food, Natural Balance LID Bison / Sweet Potato) helps with these tear stains. We shall see.

Most Reactions