Earthborn Holistic Grain Free Great Plains Feast Experience

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson has been on Nature's Logic for 3 months. He has done the best on it. Stool is a little better than Fromm Beef. I tried a little Acana Pacifica about 2 weeks ago and he broke out in hives and staph infection on his back. So we are back on the Nature's Logic

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Natures Logic is an awesome food, I am surprised it does not come up on EBN more often. I know at first petflow did not carry it, but they do now. It is gluten free and uses NO man made vitamins. All natural. One of my favorite food choices without a doubt!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Natures Logic is an awesome food, I am surprised it does not come up on EBN more often. I know at first petflow did not carry it, but they do now. It is gluten free and uses NO man made vitamins. All natural. One of my favorite food choices without a doubt!

Ditto! We just went to Dolittle's today and got him another big bag of the beef formula. He loves the taste of it. The kibble is small like Fromm

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
my one boston is still doing great on earthborn great plains and he seems to like the taste of coastal catch better so will be trying that next. im afraid to bring in the natures logic as it has a couple things sarah seems really allergic to so im afraid she will get into it otherwise id be trying it. my other boston doesnt do well with earthborn and im thinking its the peas so he is on nvi limited ingredient lamb and ive just got him so acana grasslands to check out.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
my one boston is still doing great on earthborn great plains and he seems to like the taste of coastal catch better so will be trying that next. im afraid to bring in the natures logic as it has a couple things sarah seems really allergic to so im afraid she will get into it otherwise id be trying it. my other boston doesnt do well with earthborn and im thinking its the peas so he is on nvi limited ingredient lamb and ive just got him so acana grasslands to check out.

Yeah, I am really afraid to try anything different now, Sandra. I will stick with what works. I don't want him to get another bout of hives/hotspots.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Yeah, I am really afraid to try anything different now, Sandra. I will stick with what works. I don't want him to get another bout of hives/hotspots.
oh hon i wasnt suggesting you switch again after what happened i was just talking about my experience with it and why i dont use natures logic. :)

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
oh hon i wasnt suggesting you switch again after what happened i was just talking about my experience with it and why i dont use natures logic. :)

oh, nah. I wasn' t meaning that. I was just saying like what you do for Sarah, I am also afraid to try something new with Watson. His back still needs hair to grow back in :cry:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh, nah. I wasn' t meaning that. I was just saying like what you do for Sarah, I am also afraid to try something new with Watson. His back still needs hair to grow back in :cry:
:bang: i have got to get my post radar checked i dont seem to know what in the heck is going on anymore. lol naw i understand totally and i have a bit more room to play with my bostons as they dont have quite the reaction that sarah does. but they do have some and i have to watch what im doing. thats why i get trial size bags if possible to give them a handful to test. my feed store doesnt have mid size bags of nvi or id just leave it at that but they just got in some orijen and acana so im testing now. i so hope watson gets better soon :hug:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
GGGrrrrrrrrrr, I can't take it anymore, I am litterly obsessed with dog kibble, I am pulling my own hair out.
I just can't takes no mass. This dog food recall has us spinning even though we aren't feeding the recalled lamb. I have more GD dog food sitting at my house since I order 3 mega bags at a time, I feel like I'm running a social services for dogs. I have not been telling anyone of my obsessions with this, now my husband thinks I'm loosing it. He's right. At this point I'm am swearing on the Bible. I have fed these critters such a variety of kibble it's no wonder their systems are confused. I can't trust what is in the kibble any more. Jay ,my husband wants me to make my own now since he's against raw with so many bully's here.
Let me start from the beginning.
First there was Ultra Holistic, then there was Fromm, then there was NVI, then Wellness chick, then Natural Balance lite with chicken, and I know I'm forgetting 2 other foods. Today I bought California Natural Lamb and rice and I ordered for Pet flow California Natural lamb and rice lite. cause the store didn't have the lite. Somebody just please freaking shoot me. I am about to do some research on how to prepare my own and freeze it, since we did buy the damn thing to fill it with raw.
:cry: I feel like such a fool, honestly, I must have been compromising my baby's immune system. Feel free to jump right in and just shoot me, AMEN

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
GGGrrrrrrrrrr, I can't take it anymore, I am litterly obsessed with dog kibble, I am pulling my own hair out.

Awww. I'm no where near the frustration level that you are....but I feel for you. There, there. :girlwacko:<== so sorry you're feeling like this

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, yesterday [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] guilt-ed me into buying a giant bag of MEADOW FEAST -- even when I finally had earned my FREE GIANT BAG of Natural Balance / Bison Sweet Potato that took me four years to get. It's coming via PetFlow and I can't wait to try it!

I just want that on the record somewhere.

LOL

It's been two solid days of the Earthborne Meadowfeast and so far, so good. I like that the kibble is SMALL (because of Mr. Gulpie Pants) and Bea loves the taste --- and she's a VERY discerning bullie. She's not easily wowed by the fancy packaging and the rave reviews. For Miss Bea, it's all about TASTE.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
It's been two solid days of the Earthborne Meadowfeast and so far, so good. I like that the kibble is SMALL (because of Mr. Gulpie Pants) and Bea loves the taste --- and she's a VERY discerning bullie. She's not easily wowed by the fancy packaging and the rave reviews. For Miss Bea, it's all about TASTE.

We're into this switch a full ten days or so and here's what I got so far (below). Since I got a GIANT bag, we're it it for the long haul. In another 8-10 days, I'll need to order my next bag. Not sure I'm gonna stick with this one.... [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] @anyone else that cares to comment? :D

= Both dogs LOVE the taste - although not the same zeal as Nature's Logic wherein Bea acted like a crack addict getting her fix. (Bo always acts like that regarding food or treats)
= Major increase in tear stains with Bo. Bea has moderate increase. (tear stains are my arch nemesis so this bums me out big time)
= Poo tends to be a bit on the soft side and while the "two dumps a day rule" stands, the poos appear to be a titch smaller - which is good.
= Petflow rocks - but I miss the experience of shopping - don't worry, I'll get over it.
= Sandra predicted that we'd see an increase in energy/zeal with Bea and that is absolutely true. More protein has been great for her. I've seen a decrease in energy with Bo but I think that's due to the allergies. He suffers far worse than Bea.

End of my update!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] if the tear stains do not decrease before you order then you can do one of two things. your dogs did good on the bison so you can try the great plains earthborn or go with the pure vita bison grain free i suggested before. sound like things are better in some areas it just needs a bit of tweaking. id try the great plains bison maybe. im sorry its not working out so well. please do not go back to that natural balance stuff. :pray:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Natural balance or Natures Logic? Natures Logic is an excellent food. [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] have you ever tried Fromm yet?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.