Earthborn Holistic Grain Free Great Plains Feast Experience

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake and my Dena girl are doing great on the Great Plains..in fact..the thing I noticed first is how much softer his coat was! These critters..they will drive us crazy with the food!!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Whoa that looks awful! I use the great plains fir Molly only, she does great on it however no one else did as well. That almost looks like a skin infection too

Yes, it's infected so we got some ointment to take care of it and it looks better already. I hadn't really noticed it until it was blackish and then I made a few demands and got into the vet yesterday. I was worried the skin was dying!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Oh that looks bad. I'm curious, did your vet suspect the change in the protien or the protein percentage. Is Bision a righer source of protein vs others?

Jack our non bully is on the Great Plains and is doing great on it but he was already on a higher protein before his swtich from Blue Wilderness.

The percentage of protein is almost the same but as soon as I said I was three weeks into a bag with main protein bison, the vet said that was probably it - not sure if bison is a common protein that some dogs are intolerant of. They do well on the lamb and I think it's the least likely for them to be allergic to so I was kicking myself to not driving another 8 miles to get a bag of the Meadow Feast. Well, you live, you learn! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The percentage of protein is almost the same but as soon as I said I was three weeks into a bag with main protein bison, the vet said that was probably it - not sure if bison is a common protein that some dogs are intolerant of. They do well on the lamb and I think it's the least likely for them to be allergic to so I was kicking myself to not driving another 8 miles to get a bag of the Meadow Feast. Well, you live, you learn! :)

I believe it is the exact opposite, I could be wrong tho.... I thought Bison and fish were likely LESS of a problem, but it also has Lamb, which is considered hot on the allergy list, so it could have been the lamb.....but one never knows what our bullies can have a reaction to!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I believe it is the exact opposite, I could be wrong tho.... I thought Bison and fish were likely LESS of a problem, but it also has Lamb, which is considered hot on the allergy list, so it could have been the lamb.....but one never knows what our bullies can have a reaction to!

Yes..my vet told me bison was a safer protein for Bully's than most! :bang:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Jeez..I remember the old days..when our doggies got crap Purina and lived 15 years plus! Amazing these Bully's!
Our pits, Nitro, Ace & Orion all were fed ProPlan. Nitro was 15, Orion 12+ and Ace 13 when they passed. They did great on it. I'd probably have Jack on it if it wasn't for the fact I don't want Emma & Wilson getting in to it.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Well, yesterday [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] guilt-ed me into buying a giant bag of MEADOW FEAST -- even when I finally had earned my FREE GIANT BAG of Natural Balance / Bison Sweet Potato that took me four years to get. It's coming via PetFlow and I can't wait to try it!

I just want that on the record somewhere.

LOL

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well, yesterday @cowsmom guilt-ed me into buying a giant bag of MEADOW FEAST -- even when I finally had earned my FREE GIANT BAG of Natural Balance / Bison Sweet Potato that took me four years to get. It's coming via PetFlow and I can't wait to try it!

I just want that on the record somewhere.

LOL

:ROFL: Got your back..Vic! :laugh:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
That rash looks scarey. Petflow has discontinued my Solid Gold Beef and Barley so I'm going to transition Mr. Wilson to Natures Logic Beef in a couple of weeks. It's so hard to find something without potatoes.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
That rash looks scarey. Petflow has discontinued my Solid Gold Beef and Barley so I'm going to transition Mr. Wilson to Natures Logic Beef in a couple of weeks. It's so hard to find something without potatoes.

I just transitioned by boys to Nature's Logic Beef and they all love it and their poo during transition never got runny, a little softer, but nothing I had to give pumpkin for. I also did it slowly. Now just waiting to see the results once they've been on just Nature's Logic for a while.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.