Fromm Transition... Good but soft poo

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hey all,

Kains transition to Fromm has been good but poop is too soft. Research on here says that may be a sign of too much. Makes sense to me as he is getting quite a bit more than he was of royal Canin.

Weird I thought better quality food was less amount.

Anyway I feed him about 3/4 cup three times a day for a total of 2 1/4 cups... I'm thinking this is too much for 5 months old and 30 lbs.

Thoughts on if this would be the cause of soft poops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I thought that like with humans, too much food ends up as fat, not as poo, unfortunately:lmao: It could just be that he has not adjusted to the new food yet?

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
The amount you are feeding seems appropriate. Watson had soft poo on Fromm even with 3/4cup twice a day which isn't much for a 60lb bully so I had to switch him over to something else. Are you completely transitioned yet? If not you may want to try adding pumpkin for a few days. A spoonful with every meal to firm up the poo

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That is the exact amount that I feed Tank, so I don't think it is too much, but since he wasn't eating that much before, you might try cutting back a little and see if you get better results. Tanks poo varies depending on what else he has had to eat through the day. I'd definitely suggest that you give it sometime before changing, if there are no other issues.

Did you get the slow feed bowl yet? I think gobbling their food might also make a difference.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus is on Fromm Beef fritttatta and it took about 2 weeks after the transisition for his :poo: to be nice and solid..We feed him 52lbs 10 mnths 2cups am 2 cups in pm as per back of bag...Here and there he gets eggs, fruit, veggies...I think you should try adding some canned pumpkin about 1tbsp and see if that helps through the transisition...I have heard on here that most people give pumpkin though a food change to avoid upset tummy

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Sounds good it's only been about one week fully on Fromm beef frittata so I will just cut back to about 1/2 cup and let it ride a bit longer. No other issues so I think it is setting well with him and I swear his eyes are less watery / red also.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Brutus is on Fromm Beef fritttatta and it took about 2 weeks after the transisition for his :poo: to be nice and solid..We feed him 52lbs 10 mnths 2cups am 2 cups in pm as per back of bag...Here and there he gets eggs, fruit, veggies...I think you should try adding some canned pumpkin about 1tbsp and see if that helps through the transisition...I have heard on here that most people give pumpkin though a food change to avoid upset tummy

:drool:Brutus must have really high metabolism. If I fed that amount to Watson, he would be a pudge

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
THe amount is fine for a pup. They seem to need a lot of food because they grow so fast. Get some canned pumpkin and add a tablespoon to each serving. Once he gets to be about 10 months you can go the same amount but only two feedings a day.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I know but he is far from fat! He weighs in at 52lbs....you think I should cut back ???? @BruceP @Watson the bag says 4cups at his weight! Fromm Beef

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.659040,-74.233459

It should be based on his size and activity level. From the pics I saw from the Bullyfest he is in tiptop shape so I think it would be fine to continue with that amount. Mr. Watson is not an athlete like Brutus, he's like me and has slow metabolism:lmao:. I already am noticing some weight gain now that I have gone from 3/4 cup twice a day to 1 cup twice a day for him.

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Good news cutting back the amount has him all fixed up. Looks like 3/4 a cup 3 times a day was just too much so far.

I like him slim and trim so that's ok with me (lol)...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh thats awsome that hes better now. sometimes its just a matter of adjusting things. :)

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online