FROMM-gamebird recipe

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
Hi all, I have had Wrigley on Fromm duck and apple sauce for about 4 months now, No problems on it whatsoever. Nice clear shiny coat, he doesnt smell. My only concern is he has a tear stain on his face since I did the switch from diamond puppy food(breeder had him on this). Its on both side of his face I have tried everything possible, with witch hazel, cornstarch and peroxide triple anti apple cider ect. When I purchase my last bag 30lb Fromm they gave me a 4 lb game bird recipe, I'm thinking about going grain free, but wanted to know how anyone's experience with this? Kinda scared to go grain free..they are high in protein , expensive lol.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake has been on grain free since he was a few months old. But if Wrigley oesnt have a need for grain free..I say don't do it..just wait, it might be down the road anyway!

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Im just wanting to get rid of this tear stain, but someone just told me to try vinegar apple cider from gnc called braggs, the ones from the store doesnt work. Any stains on your bullie?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT Im just wanting to get rid of this tear stain, but someone just told me to try vinegar apple cider from gnc called braggs, the ones from the store doesnt work. Any stains on your bullie?

No! But he's got dark markings (panda) eyes! So if they are there..I can't see them! I have heard of the Apple Cidar Vinegar...you might do a search here for tear stains..I bet there's a ton of info in the archives!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION].....

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have Bubby Boy on Game Bird and has been on it several months now and is doing fine.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if he didnt have tear stains on the other food and now he does it could be the food. i was feeding sarah some freeze dried and she had slight ones as well that she never had before. one side was worse than the other. since i stopped it they are gone now. easiest thing to fix is food problems. i would try something else. either another 4 star or a grain free one. watch it though some bullies dont do well with chicken and so other birds may or may not be a problem. if it were me id try something else or if you have some old food try that and see if they go away. some have had success with going grain free and getting rid of tears but each bully is different. good luck

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] I have tried Fromm duck and sweet potato for 1 month still no progress, then switch to pork and apple sauce for about 2 months still the same, had him on game bird for 2 weeks same , then hes been on beef friatta for about a week and a half still the same???

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I know Cutty lost all tear stains on surf and turf. Beef fritatta have him stains. I am now trying their new grain free flavors so we will see how he does on those. He always had some sort of stain before the surf and turf. All the tricks I had heard of did nothing to help him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online