Fromm dry food

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
We had kept Brooklyn strictly on the Fromm beef frittata dry food and he still has awful ear wax and the worst year stains he's ever had! And the past two days he's actually been flipping his bowl over!!!!!! Like telling us no I don't want to eat this gross food!
All food has processing and chemicals. How bad can it be to keep him on the hills prescription diet? I know it's not a 4 star food but Fromm is and he hates it and looks terrible! And I know what works for one bulldog might not work for another. I just got scared when someone said not to keep him on prescription food for so long. Any more advice appreciated.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I don't know your particular situation but have you ever thought about a raw diet? I have one on kibble and two on raw and I personally LOVE what raw has done for the other two. Can I ask what you have him on the prescription food for?

I'm sure with all the food experiences on EBN...someone will have some helpful advice! :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I probably missed it but why was Brooklyn on a prescription food initially? If it was me I would be transition to another 5/6 star food. There's been quite a few of us that have recently moved over to Earthborn Holistic (Grain Free). I have Wilson and Emma on the Meadow Feast. The absolutely love it. Wilson's tear stains have competely disppeared after having very wet eyes for nearly a year now. Another thing I noted tonight we got to the bottom of the food is that there was very little granuals left over. This may be working out for Brooklyn. There's about 5 varieties I believe. The Meadow Feast is Lamb based.

:)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We had kept Brooklyn strictly on the Fromm beef frittata dry food and he still has awful ear wax and the worst year stains he's ever had! And the past two days he's actually been flipping his bowl over!!!!!! Like telling us no I don't want to eat this gross food!
All food has processing and chemicals. How bad can it be to keep him on the hills prescription diet? I know it's not a 4 star food but Fromm is and he hates it and looks terrible! And I know what works for one bulldog might not work for another. I just got scared when someone said not to keep him on prescription food for so long. Any more advice appreciated.

Have you only tried the beef? Cutty got tear stains on the beef but did amazing on the surf and turf, which is also grain free. I would keep searching. What works for one wont the other. Never heard of a pup NOT liking fromm tho. :lol: My pups eat it like it has crack in there. Also they just started carrying 2 new flavors of the grain free and I am excited to try them. One is a salmon based, no chicken. Just ordered it thru petflow so we will see. They have a game bird one but I think that might be too closely related to chicken for some bullies. Not all food has chemicals and the way the foods are processed are totally different in cheap foods vs. fromm. It is baked so nutrients arent lost where as say puppy chow is done at such a high heat I have heard the little nutrients that were in there get cooked out. Now there are MANY other great brands you may want to try also which would be much better than going back to hills. Earthborn is a good one although Miila doesnt seem better allergy-wise so back to fromm for now we go. Tear stains are hard, Cutty had them forever even without any other ill reactions to food. Until he got on the surf and turf. Not a single tiny stain to mention now. ;) Miila is my challenge with allergies so that is why I am kinda switching around.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.