Question regarding watery eyes/tear stains & food

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome to the bully challenge. No way to know for sure until the food is totally switched I would guess BUT I am also going thru this with Miila. She has always had allergies since we got her. She looked MUCH better tho having her on the fromm grain free surf and turf. Still some allergies were there so I do think with her outdoor seasonal allergies play a role. I thought I would try the earthborn and see how she did and while I am stuill transitioning I see she is getting small tear stains. Something she hadnt had yet before. Paws are much itchier also. Again hard to know if it is seasonal since the weather just changed and jacked up the whole house. So to be safe I am going back to fromm for my next bag and see if she looks any better. Will at least tell me if this newest bit is seasonal or food. There are a couple new varieties of the grain free fromm so I am going to try them I think for now and see how she does. Every food has a different reaction for each bully. Hang in there and just keep trying until you find the combination that works for her. Could take years sometimes. It did with Cutty although he never had horrible allergies. Now to find something they can all eat and be beautiful on..... haha

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi there and :welcome: to EBN.

I went through three different foods and a year later before I found the right food for Wilson. He’s also been allergy tested and that help me take away any guessing game as to what or what not he could be allergic too. Here’s a link to my recent post on my success.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...on/15006-no-more-tear-stains-watery-eyes.html.

I even went as far to have my vet check his eyes when he go neutered in February to make sure there wasn’t something wrong with his eyes. Turned out, he needed the right food, a grain free Lamb based. You have some great advice above too. :up:

Members online

No members online now.