Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question regarding watery eyes/tear stains & food

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    its not a problem we were all new once and honestly i am still learning things about this site
    LOL yea this all so new to me. I just learned how to tag someone the other day.
    May I ask you one last question..I'm sorry.
    Since I started the bland diet today how often should I feed her? Twice a day? About a cup each time?
    She is 16 weeks and weighs around 20 lbs so I don't know if just feeding her twice a day is enough for her.
    I haven't given her anything since she ate this morning.
    No treats, no nothing. I'm afraid to give her anything with her watery eyes & scratching.
    I really do appreciate all your help and info.
    Thanks so much.
    I'm off to read your blog!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Lily122511 well i think for puppies its 3/4 cup 3 times a day is the standard. but whatever you were doing with the kibble. its kinda hard to measure with the bland diet. lol

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

@Lily122511 When Tonka scratches raw spots on his face I usually just try to keep the area clean and then I put a little Neosporin on the raw parts to prevent infection. Not sure what else I can do for him either. I just let them scab over and heal and try to discourage him from scratching if I see him doing it. I have heard that in addition to a cone you can try putting socks on his feet but I can't with Tonka because he LOVES socks and would eat them right off haha. I also just bought a nail grinder in hopes that I can keep them really dulled down to help not cause too many scratches if he does itch while i'm not home. I can let you know if that helps!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the bully challenge. No way to know for sure until the food is totally switched I would guess BUT I am also going thru this with Miila. She has always had allergies since we got her. She looked MUCH better tho having her on the fromm grain free surf and turf. Still some allergies were there so I do think with her outdoor seasonal allergies play a role. I thought I would try the earthborn and see how she did and while I am stuill transitioning I see she is getting small tear stains. Something she hadnt had yet before. Paws are much itchier also. Again hard to know if it is seasonal since the weather just changed and jacked up the whole house. So to be safe I am going back to fromm for my next bag and see if she looks any better. Will at least tell me if this newest bit is seasonal or food. There are a couple new varieties of the grain free fromm so I am going to try them I think for now and see how she does. Every food has a different reaction for each bully. Hang in there and just keep trying until you find the combination that works for her. Could take years sometimes. It did with Cutty although he never had horrible allergies. Now to find something they can all eat and be beautiful on..... haha

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Hi there and to EBN.

I went through three different foods and a year later before I found the right food for Wilson. He’s also been allergy tested and that help me take away any guessing game as to what or what not he could be allergic too. Here’s a link to my recent post on my success.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...tery-eyes.html.

I even went as far to have my vet check his eyes when he go neutered in February to make sure there wasn’t something wrong with his eyes. Turned out, he needed the right food, a grain free Lamb based. You have some great advice above too.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys!! Everyone is so very helpful here!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads