So close to the right food!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Sooo I've had Chunk on Blue Wilderness Salmon for a little bit. His skin looks the best it ever has but he is constipated. :/ poor guy is REALLY grunting and pushing when he goes :poo: Anyone have any ideas what to try next?? I have been giving him pumpkin but it isn't helping. I'm wondering if it's because it's a high protein food? I thought about trying the life protection or basics line of blue buffalo ... I'm open to any suggestions ... New food ... Adding things to his food ... Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Do you add water and make a gravy? When I switched them back to Bison/Sweet Potato LID, Bea was having some grunting and producing cakey poo. I upped the water - for a more watery gravy (I mix with a scoop of canned Wellness) and it was resolved. I think too that in the summer, they drink more water also and that helps with that.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Turi, Blue Buffalo now has a grain free called "Blue Freedom." I never tried it because it was Chicken based. I switched Emma and Wilson to Earthborn's Meadow Feast (it's grain free too) 26% protein. Wilson's doing great on it and his tear stains have finally cleared up. Jack was on Blue Wilderness prior to the switch and didn't have any issues on it.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sounds like chunk needs some more water in his diet. you can add some canned food or some veggies that have water in them or just give him ice cubes. id try adding more water if the food is doing good otherwise. its so hard to find a food for our bullies. if you still want to change i will help you. :D

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] ... That's interesting - I may try that!

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] ... I've seen you all talking about the Earthborn ... Maybe I will try the Coastal Catch version ... Decisions decisions. He did okay on other lamb foods but not great so I'm apprehensive to switch protein sources.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]!!! I guess I'll try the water first. What kind of veggies do you think? He will eat anything. Lol

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online