JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I can't believe it. Wilson has NO more watery eyes or tear stains. This is the first time in a full year. I even had my vet look at his eyes to see when he got neutered in late February to see if he had a rogue eye lash or something else as Wilson had been a flood of water for so long and the season didn't matter. I even had an allergy test done (which by the way was 100% worth it!). I tried three different foods, Blue Buffalo Basic, Wellness and back to Blue Buffalo staying away from Chicken and a few other things he's allergic too.

Well, I started transitioning him 4 weeks ago to Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast and noticed about a week into it that his watery eyes were decreasing. He's been at a full transition now for 10 days and he's 100% dry. His fur color in his eye fold is NORMAL again! I finally found the right food for him. I'm so stoked!!! I never really suspected allergies as he was so consistent every day for 365 days.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

He goes back to the vet tomorrow for a recheck on his eye infection too. The antibiotics immediately helped with his breathing. :up:

EDIT, forgot to mention, GAS is virtually GONE!!!

Last edited:
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm still in disbelief in a way. I'm been checking him for 4 weeks now twice a day and didn't want to say anything until I was sure. :)

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Unlike Wilson, Watson didn't do well on Meadow Feast because of the lamb. I am thinking about trying coastal catch

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That is so great! Goncrats!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
That's awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
HoLY mOLeY!!! I'm just going to have to break down and order the stuff and have it shipped to me via our dog food place here. We won't go into the five thousand excuses I've made for not doing it yet. Ugh. But to be rid of my arch nemesis tear stains? I'd walk across broken glass in bare feet......almost. Thanks for the update on this.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
you should post some before and after pics [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]!!! I love Earthborn. I haven't tried them on the Meadow fest though, they love the Great Plains. Oliver still has his runny/goobery eyes but without having done any allergy testing, I'm thinking it's more environmental because the severity comes and goes. I always tease him and say "What are you gonna do if you find out you find out you're allergic to me?" he's such a little shadow. Little just being a word, not one that in any way normally describes his 62#-ness of awesomeness :ROFL:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Good news Jeannie. HRH is trying the Great Plains Feast and so far so good. :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Kim Sebastian n Oliver, I wish I would have taken before pictures *shakehead*. I'd be a good one to write a food switch testimonial. :hmm: I'll have to go through some of my earlier pics to see if I have any. I have Jack on Great Plains but he needs the higher protein. How do your guys do on it? I know Becky has Jake on that too. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION].

@Vicaroo1000, it took me a long time too to convince myself to 'order' food. We have a local place here "at your door pet store" that all they do is deliver food to you for free at the same price it's online for. Just order it!!!

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], how's HRH doing on the Great Plains?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
@Kim Sebastian n Oliver, I wish I would have taken before pictures *shakehead*. I'd be a good one to write a food switch testimonial. :hmm: I'll have to go through some of my earlier pics to see if I have any. I have Jack on Great Plains but he needs the higher protein. How do your guys do on it? I know Becky has Jake on that too. @JAKEISGREAT.

@Vicaroo1000, it took me a long time too to convince myself to 'order' food. We have a local place here "at your door pet store" that all they do is deliver food to you for free at the same price it's online for. Just order it!!!

@BruceP, how's HRH doing on the Great Plains?

Started 100% this week cuz we ran out of Fromm. So far so good. Need to give it a while before we see any change. We are hoping there are no changes so that we can switch back and forth. We were satisfied with the Fromm but wanted something we could change to.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Started 100% this week cuz we ran out of Fromm. So far so good. Need to give it a while before we see any change. We are hoping there are no changes so that we can switch back and forth. We were satisfied with the Fromm but wanted something we could change to.
That would be awesome if you're able to switch between the two foods with no issue. Keep me updated on how she does on it. I'm really curious on the Great Plains with normal active bullys.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.