Yogurt

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
I got her some to help her stomach problems, and yeast problems. I figured it would be a good idea, but didn't know how often I should do put it in her food. I just mixed a table spoon of yogurt, with some water too to help get some more water into her. I just don't know how often she should eat yogurt with her food, and help would be appreciated :]

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I usually just put a heaping tablespoon on the boys' food in the morning! Unless I'm half asleep and add sour cream instead!!! :bang:

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
A couple table spoons each meal is fine. Did you get yoghurt for the good bacteria? It won't do a dent to their stomach.. It's so acidic in there, you will need a proper probiotic. Human or dog variety.

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
A couple table spoons each meal is fine. Did you get yoghurt for the good bacteria? It won't do a dent to their stomach.. It's so acidic in there, you will need a proper probiotic. Human or dog variety.

Yogurt is a proper probiotic no? I got it to aid her digestion, and help with her yeast build up.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Yogurt is a proper probiotic no? I got it to aid her digestion, and help with her yeast build up.

Yes it is, and great for dogs because they love the taste. But the # of cultures in plain yoghurt is not enough to make a difference in a dogs highly acidic stomach. Human probiotics and dog probiotics have millions and billions of cultures that will combat the bad bacteria and boost the immune system.

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Wow, I have been feeding Gracie a tablespoon of plain yogurt every night on top of her kibble :yes: I thought it would help her with warding off yeast infection :confused: She loves it:D So I need to get her something else for the yeast?

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Wow, I have been feeding Gracie a tablespoon of plain yogurt every night on top of her kibble :yes: I thought it would help her with warding off yeast infection :confused: She loves it:D So I need to get her something else for the yeast?

It depends on how strong she is at fighting infections. Sometimes cleaning is enough, but I find my bullies need that extra kick.

Poppy always had a weak belly until probiotics. Bunks was really smelly... Both of these problems problems got much better with raw but now they seem invincible (knock on wood).

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
It depends on how strong she is at fighting infections. Sometimes cleaning is enough, but I find my bullies need that extra kick.

Poppy always had a weak belly until probiotics. Bunks was really smelly... Both of these problems problems got much better with raw but now they seem invincible (knock on wood).
That's awesome....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you:yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.