Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Food Problems or Stomach problems

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food Problems or Stomach problems

@2BullyMama...i think cuz his nose and legs are longer than the bullies you usually see. I really didn't think much of it until we started taking him places and everyone asks what he is mixed with.
    Last edited by kkmk407; 04-22-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

i say ignore those people. He is a cutie and looks like a good bulldog to me. Once I was asked if my dog was mixed with a shar-pei because of his wrinkles...go figure.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

Thanks and he is a good boy..He is so funny. My little pug (smella) rules the house. It is so funny to watch Norm Back down from her when she growls. He is kind of a big dummy which makes him ever more lovable.

Real Name
    Maia
    Country
    Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ulysses
    Likes (Received)

Hi everyone! I'm glad I found this discussion about puppy food, because I have been myself wondering for a while about the food we are giving our 9month old. His breeder is a true believer of the the BARF diet, son until he came to our family he only had raw food and a little kibble that the breeder gave him and his siblings every now and then I guess to get them used to the taste. At the age of 8weeks when we got him I think the transition we made was too fast and he got really bad black diarrhea that lasted about 2 weeks. Although we were also "BARFing" him but I think the different types of meat, added to the stress of leaving his first family really affected him. After that he poked his eye and he had to have surgery so he was eating cooked chicken with cooked rice and a little carrot for about 3 or 4 days. SO after such a rocky start we finally decided that kibble was our best way to go, because he is our first bully and we were really worried that he was not getting enough nutrients from the raw diet, since we are not experts on it. We first started him on Real Nature for Large breeds. He did well for a while but he seemed really skinny and had really bad tear stains. So about 3 months ago we changed him to Orijen puppy large. He definetely loves it more than the other food, and I also like the way it smells and that he seems to be excited about eating time, BUT he has soft stools almost all the time, gas, and really bad diarrhea at least once a week. I've read that it could be caused by the fact that it has too much protein. I'm really puzzled here. He really loves his Orijen, already tried to make him try eukanuba, royal canine, and canine cavier but he wont even try to chew them, he just spits it out and wont even show a little interest (biig waste of money on all those experiments). Not sure what to do or which other food to try. If someone could give me a hint I would really appreciate it. I would love to keep him in Orijen but I'm not sure how bad for him soft stools on the long run are. Any advice? Ohh and the tear stains have gotten better but they STILL are big part of his little face.
    Also he has been loosing a lot of hair, but I actually blame some dried meat (rabbit ears and cow stomachs) that we have been giving him as treats...
    Last edited by Maife; 04-23-2012 at 04:55 PM.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Maife View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm glad I found this discussion about puppy food, because I have been myself wondering for a while about the food we are giving our 9month old. His breeder is a true believer of the the BARF diet, son until he came to our family he only had raw food and a little kibble that the breeder gave him and his siblings every now and then I guess to get them used to the taste. At the age of 8weeks when we got him I think the transition we made was too fast and he got really bad black diarrhea that lasted about 2 weeks. Although we were also "BARFing" him but I think the different types of meat, added to the stress of leaving his first family really affected him. After that he poked his eye and he had to have surgery so he was eating cooked chicken with cooked rice and a little carrot for about 3 or 4 days. SO after such a rocky start we finally decided that kibble was our best way to go, because he is our first bully and we were really worried that he was not getting enough nutrients from the raw diet, since we are not experts on it. We first started him on Real Nature for Large breeds. He did well for a while but he seemed really skinny and had really bad tear stains. So about 3 months ago we changed him to Orijen puppy large. He definetely loves it more than the other food, and I also like the way it smells and that he seems to be excited about eating time, BUT he has soft stools almost all the time, gas, and really bad diarrhea at least once a week. I've read that it could be caused by the fact that it has too much protein. I'm really puzzled here. He really loves his Orijen, already tried to make him try eukanuba, royal canine, and canine cavier but he wont even try to chew them, he just spits it out and wont even show a little interest (biig waste of money on all those experiments). Not sure what to do or which other food to try. If someone could give me a hint I would really appreciate it. I would love to keep him in Orijen but I'm not sure how bad for him soft stools on the long run are. Any advice? Ohh and the tear stains have gotten better but they STILL are big part of his little face.
    Also he has been loosing a lot of hair, but I actually blame some dried meat (rabbit ears and cow stomachs) that we have been giving him as treats...

Every bully is different and what works for one may not for another, however... there are some bad ones out there that will just make life tought and vet bills high. have you read the recommended ffod list under the nutrition section?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads