Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Food Problems or Stomach problems

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food Problems or Stomach problems

I will try to put a pic up tonight when I get home from work. I have to read the site on how to do it.

@Cooper11..he does not have tear stains. His eyes were very watery when we got him but they have gotten better. IDK..but i give him the filtered tap water.

I live in Pittsburgh and i had a hard time finding a EB here. I went to WV to get Norman. I have friends that have Bulldogs but they live a good 50 mins from me. I would like my vet somewhat close becasue i worry if i have problem i want to be able to get there quick.

I love this site...i feel better already.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by kkmk407 View Post
    I will try to put a pic up tonight when I get home from work. I have to read the site on how to do it.

@Cooper11..he does not have tear stains. His eyes were very watery when we got him but they have gotten better. IDK..but i give him the filtered tap water.

I live in Pittsburgh and i had a hard time finding a EB here. I went to WV to get Norman. I have friends that have Bulldogs but they live a good 50 mins from me. I would like my vet somewhat close becasue i worry if i have problem i want to be able to get there quick.

I love this site...i feel better already.
    I was very skeptical when everyone on here told me the tear stains are from allergies and just by finding the right food helps so much. Cooper had Tear stain and on one eye they were worse than the other.....I have some pics posted on here I will have to tag you in them. Cooper got tear stains around 4 months and at 7 months when we were finding the right food for the throwing up and what not he now has NO tears stains....

And @BruceP is totally right what food works for one bully may not work for you. it is a trial and error process and does take some time and gets frustrating..you have to give the food time to work and see if it helps and then when it doesn't you go back to the transitioning and the waiting game!!! It gets better I promise!

So you will be surprised when you find the right food and your bully gets looking as good as he should!

Cooper11

@ChanelnBrutus hey Snookie!!! kkmk407 was worried and questioning if Norm is a pure EB.... I told her I wold tag you... I saw you have already commented about her question on this post! But I think her bully looks a lot like Bru!!! She said he has longer legs and a longer nose, i told her your brutus had longer legs too. She also said she thought EB's were lazy lol well I know Brutus isn't and i told her i think she may just have Bru's twin with looks and hyperness!!! Norm just has a little more white on his face then Bru!!! Thought I would tag you so you can write to her. She wrote on my wall so I wrote her back and told her I would tell you about her and you would chime in!!! Miss Snooki!!! You were gone today
    y Snooki!!!

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Hope you find a food that will work for Norman soon!! You have received excellent advice from everyone!! My baby Zeus had Coccidiosis and was treated for 10 days with Albon. He then went back for a recheck and was negative. My Yorkie had it as well when we go him; however, his was much more severe. He had to be treated for three weeks and has been negative since. He is now 4 years old with no recurrences.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

@ Wheezer...that is good to know, my vet made it sound much worse.
    I am going to take another sample to the vets today. Just not sure how to get it since it's all diarrhea...YUCK...
    I also ordered FROMM Beef so hopefully this will help!!

Thanks

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Have you added any canned pumpkin to your bullie's food to help with the runs????? I'd add a tablespoon to every serving starting immediately.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

No but I am going to stop at the store after work. I went last night to get him some green beans and forgot the pumpkin.

Cooper11

No but I am going to stop at the store after work. I went last night to get him some green beans and forgot the pumpkin.
    Did you get a fecal test done today!!!???? Did you scoop it up with a spoon like a nice yummy ice cream treat!!! Just curious to know if the test was negative or positive. You will be very happy with the fromm....both my dogs love it but I am not sure if Coop can stay on it do to his allergy results

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

Yuck...that's gross...no i did not get the poop there...he poop on Friday. He actually seems to be getting better. I did get the pumpkin. I will get the sample the sometime this week. What were his results?

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    @ChanelnBrutus hey Snookie!!! kkmk407 was worried and questioning if Norm is a pure EB.... I told her I wold tag you... I saw you have already commented about her question on this post! But I think her bully looks a lot like Bru!!! She said he has longer legs and a longer nose, i told her your brutus had longer legs too. She also said she thought EB's were lazy lol well I know Brutus isn't and i told her i think she may just have Bru's twin with looks and hyperness!!! Norm just has a little more white on his face then Bru!!! Thought I would tag you so you can write to her. She wrote on my wall so I wrote her back and told her I would tell you about her and you would chime in!!! Miss Snooki!!! You were gone today
    y Snooki!!!
    Brutus is 100% English Bulldog! Mother and father are purbred! I seen them both! We went to a reputable breeder! He doesn't have long legs! He does have a longer nose but not by much! I am happy about that less breathing issues! All bullies are different the way the look but it doesn't mean they aren't purebred

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.700105,-74.275604
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    Brutus is 100% English Bulldog! Mother and father are purbred! I seen them both! We went to a reputable breeder! He doesn't have long legs! He does have a longer nose but not by much! I am happy about that less breathing issues! All bullies are different the way the look but it doesn't mean they aren't purebred

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.700105,-74.275604
    O wow snook!! I was NOT saying Brutus wasn't a purebred... I think you misunderstood me. I was telling her that every bully is different in looks and personality. I told her Brutus was hyper just like Norm. I just think they have similiar faces too... I remembered you had said people always asked you if he was a boxer is way I mentioned you to tell her they all look different. And I told you my friend had a bully that everyone thought was a boxer when he was a puppy too.... Did Not mean he wasn't pure bred! sorry if you took that the wrong way!!!!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My Handsome boy is 9 months today. What age should i do the allergy testing? Do i need to wait till a year?

I have to get a picture up of him....I personally think he is not 100% EB but my husband gets mad when i say that. I think he doesn't like the idea of us being lied to. Doesn't matter either way we love him and want him to feel better. Plus it would be nice not to have to wipe his bum everytimes he goes to the bathroom.
    In looking at the pics you have in the album... he looks like an EB to me. What makes you think he may not be purebred? When we first got Banks some thought she was a mix breed because her head is on the smaller side and her legs are longer than what is considered normal.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads