Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Has anyone here heard of Nutri-Cal?
Or used it?
The place where I got Lily said I should gives this to her up to 5 times a day.
I don't give it to her all the time as I'm not even sure if it's the best thing for her.
Does she really need this??
We are one week down with the food switch to Fromms...so far so good.

Any thoughts?
Should I stop giving her this?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Nutri cal is not needed. It is for dogs that have a tendency to be hypoglycemic. Although if you have been giving it to her regularly you may want to wean off of it slowly, just in case. Bulldogs are not a breed that commonly gets hypoglycemia. They love it tho, but I would not put anything added into their system that is not necessary.

I do keep some on hand to help stimulate the wee wittle puppies, but rarely have needed to use it. I have never given it past 2 weeks of age. If anything I prefer to use a dab of corn syrup instead on the occasions I did need it anyway.

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Nutri cal is not needed. It is for dogs that have a tendency to be hypoglycemic. Although if you have been giving it to her regularly you may want to wean off of it slowly, just in case. Bulldogs are not a breed that commonly gets hypoglycemia. They love it tho, but I would not put anything added into their system that is not necessary.

I do keep some on hand to help stimulate the wee wittle puppies, but rarely have needed to use it. I have never given it past 2 weeks of age. If anything I prefer to use a dab of corn syrup instead on the occasions I did need it anyway.

That's what I thought. Thanks so much!!

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
I used this with my Yorkie when he weighed only 1 1/2 lbs to prevent hypogylcemia, but I have never used it with my bully baby.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.