Still hungry or just a piggy :)

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My baby is 16 weeks , weighs about 27 lbs and is growing like crazy. We have switched to Fromms Beef frittata which he loves. I feed him 3/4 cup 3 times a day plus a couple of biscuits and little potty treats, but he still seems hungry. He is a little pig that likes most everything, except apples and banana so far. He is not very active for a puppy so I don't want to overfeed. How do I know if he really is hungry?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
It seems like my dogs are hungry all of the time and if I let them eat all they want they would be blimps. It sounds to me like he is getting enough food. Maybe add some fresh/frozen veggies!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
How do you think up with my user name?! Ha ha. Bubba has always eaten like a pig! I don't think he ever chews...just inhales it! I've learned only feed him the recommended because he would eat till the cows come home...and then some.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I feed the Fromm Beef Frittatta and I go by the back of the bag! For Brutus at 51lbs he gets 1 3/4 cup in am 1 3/4 cup in pm ... 1 egg every other day and fruits and veggies as snacks....Puppies need more b/c they are growing...esp if he is active you want to feed a little more if he is on the light side...should have a waist and should be able to feel ribs but not see them!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All my bully's love to eat, i fear they would eat the whole bag if I let them.....

C

Cooper11

Is he on a puppy food? If so might want to consider changing him to adult food or even the 4 star from (its for any age) Cooper gets a little over 2 cups a day and he is 8 months and weighs 42 lbs. Could eliminate the dog treats too and give him veggies and fruits.... Cooper gets cucumbers, red and green peppers, carrots, frozen green beans, and pieces of apple. He loves them all and they are low calorie and healthy for them :). I us to give dog treats too but switch once I got on EBN and people were suggesting veggies and fruits. And Bullies are pigs...most of them would eat anything and everything once it is in site to where they can get it. Cooper would probably eat the whole bag of dog food it I let him. I have to hold him back with all my strength just so I can pour his food in his bowl! If you are feeding what is recommended on the bag he is not starving... hungry yes...but they are always hungry. So don't worry about that!!! I know easier said than done...Cooper sits in front of the fridge when it is about time for him to eat...he knows and is telling me hey ok it time feed me....and I will randomly find him by the fridge sitting there and I know he wants more food. So hard to look at that cute face and those eyes and so no you already ate..... Good Luck!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My boys will overeat like there's no tomorrow, especially the younger one. I always thought pigs and goats are our bullies' cousins. :D

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
If it were up to Chunk, he'd eat constantly. He licks his bowl after he eats and goes back to look a few more times after he's done eating (in case more food appears lol). Just the nature of the beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
If it were up to Chunk, he'd eat constantly. He licks his bowl after he eats and goes back to look a few more times after he's done eating (in case more food appears lol). Just the nature of the beast!

Rook is the same way! He will take a few steps away from the bowl, and then turn around and double, triple check that it is still empty. Would just hate to leave a kibble behind!!!!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Just had to laugh - fiance didn't realize I had fed Mr. D the other night and fed him again - so he had 3 cups total for dinner. (1 cup for breakfast) Fiance said he scarfed up his 2nd feeding! Bad Mr. D lol. He was 75 lbs last time he was weighed - doesn't look overweight but we were told to reduce his food by 1/2 cup and he should lose 5 lbs. Poor guy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Rook is the same way! He will take a few steps away from the bowl, and then turn around and double, triple check that it is still empty. Would just hate to leave a kibble behind!!!!

Banks is exactly the same way!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.