How much food did you feed your puppy?

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
My pup is 17 weeks and 21 pounds, currently eat Blue Buffalo. The bag says for his age and weight he can have between 1 1/2 cups - 3 cups. I feed him 3 times a day once when we wake up, then at 12 and another at 8. I have been feeding him 1/2 cup in the morning and 3/4 cup the other 2 meals. He pooped 3 times today between the hours of 6am and 3pm, he is definitely not over weight but I just wanted to make sure I am feeding him right.

OP
mdawson808

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
make that 4 he just pooped again ha

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds about right, you may even give him 3/4 all three times. You can tell if you are feeding too much if his poop gets a little soft, like soft serve. then just back off a little. You should not easily feel his ribs, but he should still have a waist.

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
I don't know:confused: my Gracie just got put on a DIET:w00t: she just turned 8 months today she gets 2 1/2 cups daily:bully:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] advice is spot on!

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
Howard is 13 1/2 weeks old and weighs close to 24 pounds. He's always been a big boy and his appetite has really increased lately. He gets 1 cup in the morning, 3/4 cup in the afternoon, and 1 1/2 cups at night since he is ravenous. He eats blue buffalo puppy lamb and oatmeal and he is within the recommended feeding requirements so hopefully its OK. I don't want to overfeed him but want to make sure he is getting enough. He poops quite a bit but I think that will lesson when the middle meal is cut out later on.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.