Question about mixing food together.

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
have you guys ever mixed two diff brand together and feed EB?
im thinking doing all life canidae+Blue Buffalo Wilderness.
im seeing canidae is 5* and blue buffalo is 6* so why not add both to get 5.5*?.
just curious.

thanks guys.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we mix NB alpha lamb/rabbit/chicken with ziwipeaks venison (4:1), and a crushed dry liver on top yum!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Well, mixing it up would be fun - sure. The challenge is when the hives appear, you'll have TWO long lists of ingredients to wonder, "Which one is she/he allergic to?"
:laugh:

Currently, my gang gets NB Limited Ingredient Diet (Duck/Potato) with Duck/Sweet Potato Wellness brand canned food mixed in with hot water to make a delicious gravy. YUM.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yoo-hoo Sandra -- [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I can't see any problem with it. Only issue would be, like Vicaroo1000 said, it would take longer to see which food is the issue if your bully has some type of reaction to their diet.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I have mixed 2 foods together before. It will only be a problem if they have an allergy. Just mix the other food in slowly till you get half n half n see how it goes. Actually Sarah has been ok mixing before. Good luck

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
What we are in the process of doing right now is switching HRH to Earthborn from Fromm. IF and its a big IF, she does as well on the Earthborn as she does on the Fromm, we will try to combine them and even switch back and forth in a rotating transition. If ANY thing shows us in this initial transition w which we just started then we will can the whole idea. Our idea is that she will end up with a much varied diet instead of the same thing every day, forever. She has been on Fromm Beef Fritatta for about 1.5 years now. She sure is eating with elevated enthusiasm this week since we started adding some Earthborn Great Plains Feast to the mix. :heart::heart:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
What we are in the process of doing right now is switching HRH to Earthborn from Fromm. IF and its a big IF, she does as well on the Earthborn as she does on the Fromm, we will try to combine them and even switch back and forth in a rotating transition. If ANY thing shows us in this initial transition w which we just started then we will can the whole idea. Our idea is that she will end up with a much varied diet instead of the same thing every day, forever. She has been on Fromm Beef Fritatta for about 1.5 years now. She sure is eating with elevated enthusiasm this week since we started adding some Earthborn Great Plains Feast to the mix. :heart::heart:

Funny I am transitioning the pups also this week. hahahaha Bought the bag some time ago and was waiting for my fromm to get low enough to start. They all are very excited about the new food so far!

As for doing 2 foods, you have your answers. I see nothing wrong with it aside from the extra work that goes in to feeding. I hate switching cuz mixing all 3 of their food 2x a day kills me. Makes it hard for hubby to take over cuz he doesnt know how much either. haha BUT so long as you dont do anything drastic overnight food wise your baby should be fine.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Funny I am transitioning the pups also this week. hahahaha Bought the bag some time ago and was waiting for my fromm to get low enough to start. They all are very excited about the new food so far!

As for doing 2 foods, you have your answers. I see nothing wrong with it aside from the extra work that goes in to feeding. I hate switching cuz mixing all 3 of their food 2x a day kills me. Makes it hard for hubby to take over cuz he doesnt know how much either. haha BUT so long as you dont do anything drastic overnight food wise your baby should be fine.

Jenn..... mix up several feedings at a time.... Like 4 cups of new food to 12 cups of old food for the initial transition.. the 8 cups of each... etc. With your three it would be much easier. Put the mix in a plastic bag or large pitcher.... or ice cream bucket.. LOL

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Jenn..... mix up several feedings at a time.... Like 4 cups of new food to 12 cups of old food for the initial transition.. the 8 cups of each... etc. With your three it would be much easier. Put the mix in a plastic bag or large pitcher.... or ice cream bucket.. LOL

You know every once in a while Bruce you DO have a good idea.. ;)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Thats what I do to for when bf has to feed. I premix the food n put it in a seperate container n all he has to do is measure out the right amount.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i will be mixing Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Puppy Dog Food and canidea (which im feeding him now) bc i see his eyes are a lil bit watery (not much) and he scratch from time to time. so ill see how this turn out... thank guys
are you going to be mixing 2 grain foods together. not sure i see the advantage in that. maybe one grain one grain free. but its up to you

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
yes, because my pup is loving canidae( for all stages) that im feeding him but i still see him have a lil watery eyes (barely) and scartch from time to time so i will try to mix and see if it stop, if it does then good if not im just use canidae only...im new at this so any others ideas out there please throw at me. Thanks

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.