Nature's Variety Instinct food and protein

petee2

Mar 26, 2012
Scott Township, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petee
Hi, was looking into Nature's Variety Instinct-Beef Meal & Lamb Meal Formula. Any one giving it to their Bulldog? Protein is 37%-why is the protein so high, not just this brand of grain-free, but others too? Would this be bad for a puppy?

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
I use Taste of the Wild, it's grain free the protein content is 27% in the pacific stream puppy.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=4581]petee2[/MENTION] we were on NVI LID Lamb...they were doing ok, but I switched to Earthborn Meadowfeast b/c it was basically the same ingredients with some additional fruits and veggies but $12 - $15 cheaper...Meadowfeast has 26% protein....I'm not sure about what is the healthy amount, i know it depends on how active they are

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I use Fromm Beef Frittata for all three of my bullies. It's in their Four * range which is an all-stages food so suitable for puppies to senior. You just need to give more to puppies than what it says on the bag.

Oh ... and I give the beef frittata because it is chicken and grain free which I need for Maggie. So the other two get it because of that!!!

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus eats NVI LID Lamb formula - it comes in at 29% Protein. It's recommended that Bulldogs have a Diet of 22-25% Protein, so this is a little higher than I would like, but it is the best food for Max due to his Allergies, and I prefer Grain-Free diets with 1 Protein Source and 1 Carbohydrate source. I couldn't find any other dog foods on the market that met Max's needs.

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
We changed to nvi lamb and Bonez has alot more energy ... he also had to lose weight ..... he now has a waist.... they are going to give the turkey a go

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I feed my bullie and pitbull Fromm Beef Frittata grain free food and treats

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Maximus eats NVI LID Lamb formula - it comes in at 29% Protein. It's recommended that Bulldogs have a Diet of 22-25% Protein, so this is a little higher than I would like, but it is the best food for Max due to his Allergies, and I prefer Grain-Free diets with 1 Protein Source and 1 Carbohydrate source. I couldn't find any other dog foods on the market that met Max's needs.

I ditto this. Mack is on the lamb and Ruggles the turkey. High protein foods are for really active dogs and can cause kidney stones and other kidney problems.

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Cash was on Fromm Beef Fritta flavor but I switched him to ACANA Lamb & Okanagan Apple about a month or so ago. He loves it. When he is a really good boy I put some cottage cheese on top or mix it in with the dry food. It's about 68.99 for a 28.6 lb bag on Amazon, but I order mine from Petco and it is a couple dollars cheaper and free shipping.

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
I had Beefy on the NVI Duck and Turkey but his poo smelled really bad. We are in the process of transitioning to Fromm. NVI was good but the stinky butt was bad.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.