Want to switch Kain to Fromm is 4 months too young for Beef Frita

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hi All,

So about the last 3 or 4 days I gave Kain a 25g Benadryl pill and what a difference when he wakes up in the morning, as well as I honestly can say he hasn't even had to clear his throat for like the last 48-72 hrs, as well as the morning eye gook is alot better also.

I'm thinking it would have to be the time of year, grass is dead and dusty and he is liking outdoors so getting his face right in there.

I'm currently using Royal Canin for puppys as recommended from the breeder and always felt that was wrong after seing the negative comments about royal canin on the internet.

Question : I would like to order some FROMM Beef Frittata, buying a bigger bag would be cheaper but I'm not 100% sure if he will switch smoothly so thinking a small bag is better.

Is that a fair assumption to buy a small bag first and be sure, then buy the bigger 30 lbs bag?

Lastly, Is 4 months too young to put him on that food, is the puppy formula i'm using now going to help him develop faster or would the adult food be better for him.
I was thinking maybe I should be getting the Fromm Puppy Gold until he is atleast 1 so interested in any comments to help me get my order on it's way.

Thanks again all,
Vince

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake has been on an all stage food since he was 8 weeks old! Most of that time Beef Fritatta! Fromm is formulated for puppies thru adults...he will be fine! Just go slow!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I asked the same thing for Brutus and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] and everyone else told me the same and I am soooo happy I did...I switched at 8 mnths and wish I did it sooner! Everything is better from :poo: to :fart: , coat, eyes, paws everything so far so good!

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Zeus has been eating Fromm Beef Frittata since 8 weeks and is doing great so far! Be sure and transition very slowly. Hope it helps Kain with his allergies!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
:clap: yayyyy...glad it helped!

We are going to try salmon next! Thats the great thing about Fromm is the switching flavors with little to no tranisition. Hope it all works out [MENTION=4305]Vince00[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are going to try salmon next! Thats the great thing about Fromm is the switching flavors with little to no tranisition. Hope it all works out @Vince00

We tried the salmon with Banks.... immediate reaction to it. Good thing it was a free bag... we use it a treats for Cheli

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] :hmm: maybe just stick with the beef frittatta ... Brutus has had soft :poo: before Fromm now his poo is good and barely licks his paws...Maybe we will stick with Beef for now!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama @JAKEISGREAT :hmm: maybe just stick with the beef frittatta ... Brutus has had soft :poo: before Fromm now his poo is good and barely licks his paws...Maybe we will stick with Beef for now!

Did you already buy the salmon? He may be fine... they are all different

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Did you already buy the salmon? He may be fine... they are all different

I havent given him the salmon food yet...He has had the blue buffalo salmont treats ..at that time is when he was on puppy food with rice and he was having issues with licking paws and red mouth...I dont know if it was the food or treats...I dont know if I should switch yet since he is still new to fromm only about 2 mnths

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I ordered the big bag since I have to buy through amazon... 4 lbs = $20.00, 12 lbs = $50 or so, and a 26 lbs for $70 so we went with the biggest since the comments on here are so positive.

Worst case scenario I can ship a bag to someone on here for a great price <lol>

I'm hopping he accepts it well!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
He will do great Vince. Since the Kibble is so slow I recommend adding water to it. That will slow his feeding time and prevent him from aspirating. My dogs have done great on the fromm frittata :)

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I still add water from when he ate to fast and gagged as a pup. I am teaching "off" as well so he stops, and awaits the ok before finishing, helps a ton as well :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.