Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fromm transition

Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fromm transition

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    I didnt read other post but chicken is NOT bad for bullies. I know that some bullies have an allergy to chicken so if you feed your bully chicken and notice hives, hot spots, red face, ect he may have a chicken allergy! i think the easiest way is to get an allergy test done to see what allergies your bully has!

Soft poo and licking of the paws, and pimples may be showing an allergy to something also! I wold just watch her like you said and see......if yo feel like she did better with the beef frittata then go back to that
    Oh okay, I felt REALLY bad there. I will definitely monitor her reaction to it. Thanks for the reply Cooper11. I think I will check to see if there's any Surf and Turf or Beef Frittata at the pet store just in case.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by BoneHat View Post
    Oh okay, I felt REALLY bad there. I will definitely monitor her reaction to it. Thanks for the reply Cooper11. I think I will check to see if there's any Surf and Turf or Beef Frittata at the pet store just in case.
    Believe me I feel you! Coop was doing awesome I had no problems with him and then out of the blue we started throwing up, red face, red eyes, eyes draining, cysts on his feet, and he isn't even 8 months old I just started a veggie diet as suggested to me by some one on here and he looks awesome! Best he has been in a month! I just ordered the 4 star fromm beef frittata and I am waiting for it to arrive. Hoping Coop does good on it! That is the trick is finding the right food for your bully! Just takes time! And is stressful while you wait!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Thanks so much for your reply Brooklyn Star. I will try Nature's Logic and keep you posted on Rocco. Does anyone else have any comments about Prescription Hills Science Diet D/D Sensitive Skin Formula? Rocco loves it, tolerates it well. My vet says it is a balanced diet (and he doesn't sell it - so I know he isn't "pushing" it as someone once accused vets doing on this site). If all is working well - than why fix something that isn't broken is my motto. Any guidance (balanced guidance please not rants!) would be very helpful. Thanks, Kristin
    Rocco's Mom

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn
    Likes (Received)

@KristinMarie my dog was/is on hills prescription diet d/d!!! The dry an canned (he loves the can). We have lamb, venison, duck. He loves all of em. And never had one issue on it. Some ppl on here were telling me hills isn't good.... And he shouldn't be on a prescription food forever..... And the chemicals in it are terrible for him..... Not sure if true or not- I'm very easily persuaded though. Only reason we started to switch him is because 1)it's a pain to get the food bc the vet that sells it to us is sooo far away 2) Brooklyn seemed extremely bored with the food and I felt bad!!! He would wait til like the final hour of his day to eat it. So we are in the process of switching him to Fromm. The dry food he wouldn't eat. So I ordered the canned pulled pork and it's inhaled! But I'm on your side. I love the d/d food and so did my dog. Who cares what everyone else is saying!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Natures Variety Instinct has great food, grain and gluten free. I believe it ranges from $55 to $65 for a 30 lb bag.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jen74401 View Post
    Natures Variety Instinct has great food, grain and gluten free. I believe it ranges from $55 to $65 for a 30 lb bag.
    Thanks! I pay $66 for Science Diet D/D for a 17 lb bag - so this is almost a 50% savings! I'm really torn if I should make a change in food for Rocco or not. He is tolerating the prescription Science Diet just fine. No hives, great coat, nice firm poops, and he loves it. So - I'm still undecided if I'm gonna try switching. I'll keep you all posted.
    Rocco's Mom

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TomnZon View Post
    @KristinMarie my dog was/is on hills prescription diet d/d!!! The dry an canned (he loves the can). We have lamb, venison, duck. He loves all of em. And never had one issue on it. Some ppl on here were telling me hills isn't good.... And he shouldn't be on a prescription food forever..... And the chemicals in it are terrible for him..... Not sure if true or not- I'm very easily persuaded though. Only reason we started to switch him is because 1)it's a pain to get the food bc the vet that sells it to us is sooo far away 2) Brooklyn seemed extremely bored with the food and I felt bad!!! He would wait til like the final hour of his day to eat it. So we are in the process of switching him to Fromm. The dry food he wouldn't eat. So I ordered the canned pulled pork and it's inhaled! But I'm on your side. I love the d/d food and so did my dog. Who cares what everyone else is saying!
    Thanks @TomnZon! I was quite taken aback at the almost violent reaction I was getting from some folks on here about my food choice. In fact I filed a complaint that the responses were bordering on quite alarming, which they agreed that they would monitor this particular poster. I'm sure they meant well, and obviously are passionate about their food analysis and research and recommendations, which I appreciate. But I think all opinions should be balanced and based on true experience that they have had, vs. what they have researched and read online. Anyway - thanks for your support. I am undecided if I'm going to change Rocco's food at this point. We shall see and I'll keep you all posted.
    Rocco's Mom

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KristinMarie View Post
    Thanks! I pay $66 for Science Diet D/D for a 17 lb bag - so this is almost a 50% savings! I'm really torn if I should make a change in food for Rocco or not. He is tolerating the prescription Science Diet just fine. No hives, great coat, nice firm poops, and he loves it. So - I'm still undecided if I'm gonna try switching. I'll keep you all posted.
    We loved the NVI but Beefy has some pretty stinky poo. We just switched to Fromm and so far so good. The NVI was great other than the stinkiness but that could've just been my dog.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads