Earthborn Holistic Great Plains????

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] - I wish I'd have taken better notes like you have. I feel like I've tried so many.... I can't keep them straight. Ugh. Tear stains here are HORRID. The search continues....

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson was on Science Diet when we got him at 8 weeks. I transitioned over to Wellness for puppies. He had soft stools on that but that also could have been from teething. I then switched him to Blue Buffalo a few months later, and then back to Wellness for adults (I wanted to see if his water eyes would be better but later found out it had nothing to do with his food) and then I swapped back to Blue Buffalo Basic. And now as I'm transition to Earthborn Meadow Feast as I mentioned. He did just fine during his transition which I did over a three week period. It's time consuming on the switches but that's it. Try another food, give it time and see how King does it on. :up: Like [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] said, just give it enough time on the transition and then 6 weeks to see how he's doing on it. :yes:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
here's my update on the boys' eating Earthborn Great Plains. They have had 3 large bags and 1 medium bag so far and I am very impressed. Their coats are very soft and their poo is so firm that I no longer have to wipe any bully butts when they come in. I've always had to wipe Oliver's tushy no matter what food he was on, Fromm, NVI, Blue Wilderness, or TOTW, but on Earthborn, not at all!!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am so glad they are doing well on it!! I did a food change to Earthborn Holistic Meadowfeast (grain free) about a month ago, Vegas does well on it but I really see no difference than the NVI Instinct that I had him on. I will keep him on it since I am now convinced his allergies are all environmental.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so i put my bostons on this food just to try it as one of them was not doing ok with the food they were on. Well ive since taken him off of it and put him on nvi liminted ingredient lamb but my other boston is on this food and doing just fine. he was doing good on the food he was on but i wanted to have them on the same food but alas is not the case. i do believe his fur is softer and shinier than what he was on. he in on the great plains one as he is very active and the protein will not be a problem. im going to keep him on this food and see what else happens. i may change him to the coastal catch as i had a trial bag and he seems to like it better but otherwise this food is great. i also have both my cats on this food now and wow their coats are even softer and shinier than they were on wellness core. i am liking this food very much. :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Although HRH was getting Earthborn as her treat for a few weeks, we started transitioning her from Fromm Beef Fritatta to Earthborn Great Plains last night. We LOVE the Fromm but decided to try the Earthborn just so she would have a varied diet. If she does well with it we can transition back and forth. She has been on the Beef Fritatta since it came out about a year and a half ago.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oooooo. [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]....you can do that? Go back and forth? Jake loves everything..but I like to give him a change once in awhile. He was on the Beef for a long time too.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Oooooo. @BruceP....you can do that? Go back and forth? Jake loves everything..but I like to give him a change once in awhile. He was on the Beef for a long time too.

I don't see why not if they do well on both,,, BUT we would slow transition between the two. I see no negative in doing it.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
:idea: brilliant! I'm going to think about this down the road too! :up:
lol yes dear lots of people have 2 3 or even 4 different foods they rotate their pets on. they say its better than just leaving them on one food all the time. but with bullies thats not always possible as people have trouble with just finding one food that works so i dont mention it much here.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
lol yes dear lots of people have 2 3 or even 4 different foods they rotate their pets on. they say its better than just leaving them on one food all the time. but with bullies thats not always possible as people have trouble with just finding one food that works so i dont mention it much here.

That is my thinking [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]. Fromm is great food but beef fritatta is the only one in their line that doesn't have something that HRH doesn't do well on so within their line we are stuck. Now, if she does well on the Earthborn we will be able to vary her diet,,, maybe even do a continuous transition back and forth, one to the other, and keep rotating. HRH Loves both so that isn't a consideration.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
That is my thinking @cowsmom. Fromm is great food but beef fritatta is the only one in their line that doesn't have something that HRH doesn't do well on so within their line we are stuck. Now, if she does well on the Earthborn we will be able to vary her diet,,, maybe even do a continuous transition back and forth, one to the other, and keep rotating. HRH Loves both so that isn't a consideration.
yea thats the idea and it would be outstanding to have something else to feed hrh. :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

I remember you mixing foods even...:up:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I remember you mixing foods even...:up:
i am the queen of kibble:yes: i say if you cant find one right food then mix em. ive been in the middle of a switch and boom my dog is perfect then get all switched and not so much. hey if i could go back id have left her on the mixture. if two foods does it then so be it.

Most Reactions