Earthborn Meadowfeast - thumbs up so far!

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Day 3 of the switch....he seems to be doing ok on it. His stools havnt been that big and they are a lot smellier than the Natural Balance. I just have a question...right now as per Natural Balance's feeding instructions dogs in his weight range (20 to 30 lbs; hes 28lbs) should be getting 3 to 4 and 2/3 cups a day...however with the Earthborn the feed guidlines are much different; dogs 21-40 lbs should get 1 &1/4 to 2 cups a day tops....now my problem is how much do I put in of the earthborne I was going to do 25% week 1 50% week 2 ect but it seems the earthborn is more filling than the Natural Balance...how do I approach this without overfeeding? [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

Last edited:
OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I hope it works for you!! So far it's been ok here!! :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] how much natural balance are you feeding now. i would think you would feed less earthborn for sure. if your feeding 3 cups of nb then maybe go 2 1/4 cup of earthborn till you get him switched and then go from there. if his stool is runny or he gets sick then cut back more. if he looses weight then add more. just play with it some thats how you learn. let us know how it goes.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] how much natural balance are you feeding now. i would think you would feed less earthborn for sure. if your feeding 3 cups of nb then maybe go 2 1/4 cup of earthborn till you get him switched and then go from there. if his stool is runny or he gets sick then cut back more. if he looses weight then add more. just play with it some thats how you learn. let us know how it goes.

Well we doing 3/4 of a cup of NB and then the remaining 1/4 is Meadow Feast...been doing that seems ok...looks like he's a tad bit constipated at times but other times ok...not sure if that's normal or expected. On Weds well be switching to 50/50 so half a cup of each...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Well we doing 3/4 of a cup of NB and then the remaining 1/4 is Meadow Feast...been doing that seems ok...looks like he's a tad bit constipated at times but other times ok...not sure if that's normal or expected. On Weds well be switching to 50/50 so half a cup of each...
i was reading my post and i hope what i was trying to convey made sense lol. are you feeding a cup twice a day i hope. hows it going today i hope well. you can add some canned pumpkin if he is a bit constipated to help with the transition. not pie filling but real pumpkin.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I hate admit this but I just sorta winged it with the percentages of the two different foods during the transition. Wilson gained a wee bit of weight during this time but now that's he's fully transitioned he's already lost it. :up:

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
i was reading my post and i hope what i was trying to convey made sense lol. are you feeding a cup twice a day i hope. hows it going today i hope well. you can add some canned pumpkin if he is a bit constipated to help with the transition. not pie filling but real pumpkin.

He's getting 3 cups a day but that's because of the instructions on the natural balance. Once tues/weds hits and it's 50/50 I'll scale it down to two cups a day split over 3 feed sessions.

Ill get some canned pumpkin at the store later...he seems better today I've been exercising with him and it seems his stool is coming out better now....he likes meadow feast better bc once he sees the bowl his eyes pop out of his head lmaoo

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
He's getting 3 cups a day but that's because of the instructions on the natural balance. Once tues/weds hits and it's 50/50 I'll scale it down to two cups a day split over 3 feed sessions.

Ill get some canned pumpkin at the store later...he seems better today I've been exercising with him and it seems his stool is coming out better now....he likes meadow feast better bc once he sees the bowl his eyes pop out of his head lmaoo
thats awsome he likes it. yes like i said just play with it. if they lose weight add more if they gain add less. now if you can just get his other problem sorted out youll be golden :D

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
he was fine for 3 hours afterwards...and he just vomited like no tomorrow...he woke up out of a dead sleep sat up...i petted his head and SPLAT...should i stop giving it to him? [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] ok dont panic. one vomit is not awful. 3 cups a day im thinking is to much. i believe for puppies its 3/4 cup 3 times a day. to achive what your doing get a 1/4 cup and give 2 of nb and 1 of earthborn. for tonight if he is feeling good and no incidents then feed as normal but i would do 3/4 cup or even split it into 2 meals like half now then half later see how he does. bullies have sensitive tummies. let us know how it goes.

Members online

No members online now.