Earthborn Meadowfeast - thumbs up so far!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Well, just got my bag of this delivered - of course after I fed Mr. D. I still put a handful in his dish to see what he would do and he gobbled it right up! I will start introducing it tomorrow. But the best part of this bag so far, is the ZIPPER seal on the 28 pound bag. We normally store dog food in a rubbermaid container after opening due to the big bags not being able to be reclosed, but this is super cool. I like the small size of the kibble too. Let's hope there's no poo incidents now and just good things to come!! He also enjoyed the Nature's Variety grain free treats - I have him one and he loved it too - just wish they weren't such teeny biscuits, he ate it in 2 bites. He loved his Publix brand milkbones so - but they have oat in them and he's allergic so I am having to give those away. :(

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hope all goes well and you find a food that he can eat with no allergies...Good Luck with everything

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
my boys love the Earthborn Great Plains!!! I like also that if you send in the UPC they will plant a tree after so many UPC's, so I'm saving my UPC's to send in!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, erm, do your babies get bad gas on the Earthborn? Mr. D rarely has gas but he got 1 cup of his reg food and 1/2 cup of the earthborn for breakfast. He has since pooped and it looked normal, but he's laying here next to me and I almost just choked to death - I didn't hear anything but whew, what a stink, he even turned his head and looked at his bum, LOL. Oh my goodness. I hope this is just transition gas, bc man was that toxic!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Most likely just the transition, may have bad gas for a couple weeks....

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, day 2 of the food change and poop still looks good (also started a probiotic yesterday so not sure if that is playing into it at all) and no gas today. Mr. D seems to be liking this food, I'm very happy so far! Thanks [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I did half a cup of each food this AM and 1 cup old food 1/2 cup new tonight.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'll follow up tonight so I can type on my computer and not this silly phone. In short though I really like it. :up: I'm getting ready to place my second order later this week.

[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION], I saw your message and will get back to you too-I lost what I typed to you just now twice!

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I'll follow up tonight so I can type on my computer and not this silly phone. In short though I really like it. :up: I'm getting ready to place my second order later this week.

@BrooklynStar, I saw your message and will get back to you too-I lost what I typed to you just now twice!

Yikes! Sorry that happened to you, in any event I appreciate you taking the time to respond. The ingredients of the food looks good, it got good reviews and seems to have the right amount of protein. On paper it seems like the perfect food! So basically anything you can tell me is better than what I know now (which is marketing crap lol). How big is the kibble anyway?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Ok, erm, do your babies get bad gas on the Earthborn? Mr. D rarely has gas but he got 1 cup of his reg food and 1/2 cup of the earthborn for breakfast. He has since pooped and it looked normal, but he's laying here next to me and I almost just choked to death - I didn't hear anything but whew, what a stink, he even turned his head and looked at his bum, LOL. Oh my goodness. I hope this is just transition gas, bc man was that toxic!!!

OMG....they've been on this food completely for a few weeks and the gas is STILL soooooo bad. I mean..really, It is bad!

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. D has had no gas that I have noticed - he has been licking his paws but nothing bad and no yeast/redness on them. I am thinking it may just be the pollen outside. So far I am having no problems with it and no diarrhea. If I had to do it over, I probably would have gone with California Naturals, though it costs more, it has less ingredients, which to me, means less things to worry about reactions from.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.