my dog will only drink water

lilythebully

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Lola(frenchie)
for the past 2 days my dog has been refusing to eat, she'll only drink water. the only way she'll eat is if i add some water to her food. could she be bored of her food?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I would be very concerned if Jake stopped eating. I would take her to the vet. If it turns out she's just bored with her food, then that's easy to fix. But you need to make sure there isn't something going on with her. And things can get out of hand quickly. Please let us know.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you tried to give her something else to eat? has she also refused treats? If yes, I'd be making a vet appointment

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I agree with both the above posts! It could be something as simple as bored with food or it could be something more severe. The best thing is taking to the vet and get a checkup! Hope all goes well and please keep us posted

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola is a total wanker when it ocmes to eating her kibble but she'd always eat a treat. if your bully's not eating treats, then its time to see whats wrong...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How was her appetite before? Was she a mongrel lime mine or a casual eater? If she normally ate without any problems, I would be very concerned. Also check her temperature, should be between 99 and 101.

OP
lilythebully

lilythebully

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Lola(frenchie)
UPDATE: after i came from work i took her out, and she :poo: then tried to feed her, she didn't eat, after that my gf took her for a walk and according to her she :poo: 3 times. so i'm guessing she just had to release all that?:whatsthat?: because after that she started playing with her Kong (treat) toy and she's looking for her food now.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
:poo: X 3 !!! That would be a good reason for losing your appetite...although her digestive system must of known drinking water might get things moving along.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
UPDATE: after i came from work i took her out, and she :poo: then tried to feed her, she didn't eat, after that my gf took her for a walk and according to her she :poo: 3 times. so i'm guessing she just had to release all that?:whatsthat?: because after that she started playing with her Kong (treat) toy and she's looking for her food now.

Goodness! Hope she ate, let us know how she is in the morning.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my thats alot of poo. i hope everything is back to normal now. :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor girl was just plugged up, hope she is eating know.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

So glad she is doing better.

OP
lilythebully

lilythebully

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Lola(frenchie)
thankfully everything's back to normal, i guess she needed water to keep things "moving".

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.