Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] should read this one!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] posted this under 'General Bulldog Talk' hoping more would see it there

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Just makes me furious people still buy food products or any product as far as that goes from China, who has NO quality control and really don't care if they are sending poisonous products over here.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Just makes me furious people still buy food products or any product as far as that goes from China, who has NO quality control and really don't care if they are sending poisonous products over here.

I so agree. When their human babys are dying from their mothers milk formula, you can only imagine what they put to their dog food.
Just last year there was a case in Finland of spoiled dog food batch that killed a young dog. Bento Kronen Nutritional Balance had defected rice protein in it that totally screwed the poor puppys brain.

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Please be careful everyone. Make sure you do your research on the treats you buy. Or simply give fruits (no grapes!) and veggies or make them at home.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
this is the same warning we had posted before..the jerky treats..baaaaad! It's the chicken jerky especially ..but my vet. Said stay away from all Jerky treats. It seems to be China based..but some US companies import and it looks like made in USA!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
@Twice should read this one!

I missed this yesterday. Thanks for pointing it out.

I don't understand why we allow anything to come here from China. This is the same country that thought it was ok to use lead based paints on children's toys. :cursing:

For a long time I thought the chicken jerky was a good treat for my girl Roxy. How could it be bad? The ingredients are just chicken! It wasn't until Abby came into our lives that I really started paying attention to ingredients and processing methods. I used to think that store brand dog food and treats were "the cheap stuff", not name brand, top shelf at the grocery store food. Most people think that. I can honestly tell you that, outside of the people I've met here, nobody I know knows what Fromm or Orijen is. I sent that article to the lady I share my office with and we started talking about dog treats and food. She feeds her dog Pedigree and told me "it's the best money can buy". Amazing what a good marketing company can do.

I make their treats now (and Roxy is eating Orijen :) ) I bought a food dehydrator at Target on sale for I think 40 bucks. I dehydrate fruits, vegetables and meats for not just dog treats but kids treats too. My youngest son LOVES dehydrated pineapple! I also dry my own herbs too now.

One bag of chicken jerky at Costco is 17 bucks. The specialty pet store near my house wanted 19.99 for a bag of sweet potato fries. It has paid for itself already :) I LOVE that thing! Best money I ever spent!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] I know what you mean! I still want to get a dehydrator myself! How long have I been saying that on this forum? Like 2 years! :laugh:

I was actually wondering if it could be a link since Kidney failure is related to it. Never know what was given to her before you got her. And this has been going on for months and months now. If you could find out if she has had these in the past, you could very well have a case against the manufacturers.

<-----------And what the heck is up with all this farting and poo on my profile?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Unfortunately, they tell me that Abby was born with insufficient kidneys. And the people I got her from refuse to answer my calls or messages. There's no way I could find out if she ate these or not.

<-----------And what the heck is up with all this farting and poo on my profile?

I'm going to guess @Cooper11 :ROFL:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online