Poll: Which Brand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help on puppy food choice

Default Help on puppy food choice

So the puppy I am getting is currently on Blue Buffalo - The fish based formula. The breeder was telling me that she is going to be switching all of her dogs off of BB soon though and moving them to Taste of the Wild. During my food research I had narrowed down my choices to either Earthborn or TOTW.

My question is which offer's a puppy food I should try, and should I stick with a fish based formula like the breeder has had them on, or try something different?

Just looking for opinions. I see a lot of posts talking about the two foods, but I don't see much in the way of puppy food discussion.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help on puppy food choice

I really just threw a guess out there cuz both foods are great. I cant say as to which protein type you should feed either. Being a puppy I would think anything should be fine. Allergies dont come on till after they try things so just watch and see how it reacts with your baby. It is good to switch up the proteins in general so unless there is a reason to stay with fish I would switch around a little here and there for the heck of it. So long as you do a slow transition, very slow is what I do actually. Just to be safe.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

We put Jake on an All Stage's formula from Fromm at 10 weeks. He came to us on Iams puppy.. and my vet likes the all stage food instead of puppy. It worked great or him but they are all so different. The experienced puppy peeps here love Fromm puppy! @desertskybulldogs . @Davidh

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    We put Jake on an All Stage's formula from Fromm at 10 weeks. He came to us on Iams puppy.. and my vet likes the all stage food instead of puppy. It worked great or him but they are all so different. The experienced puppy peeps here love Fromm puppy! @desertskybulldogs . @Davidh
    I agree with the Fromm all stages! I had Brutus on Solid Gold Lamb/Rice which was what he had coming form the nreeder and now since I switched to Fromm his coat is beautiful his smell is rosey (lol) and he doesnt get pink around the face or lick his paws really anymore! Just sayin lol
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I'm not good with food related questions but this would have been my voice

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post
    I'm not good with food related questions but this would have been my voice
    Why thank you Miss Angie!!

Where do you guys purchase the Fromm All Stages, and if I wanted to stick with one of the other two brands, what would be their comparable?

So you don't have to feed puppy food at 8 weeks?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dissident View Post
    Where do you guys purchase the Fromm All Stages, and if I wanted to stick with one of the other two brands, what would be their comparable?

Fromms formulas are all stages..good for puppies thru adults. Jake started on Surf n Turf..but didn't do well on chicken.. So we switched him to Beef Fritatta. It's totally up to you..lots of the puppy people do keep their pups on Fromm puppy for I think a year. They should weigh in soon!! I don't know which is comparable..but maybe @cowsmom can help!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well taste of the wild has a puppy food that is grain free and salmon based. they also have a high prairie to. earthborn has a puppy food but it has grains and im not a fan of grains n dogs. they have coastal catch and im reading that puppies 4 weeks of age can have it so you should be good with either one really. good luck and let us know how it goes and welcome to ebn.

Thanks for the replies. With my other dogs I was always under the impression of fees puppy food until they were 1. Woth billdogs that seems to be a topic of debate.

Does anyone have recommendation on where to buy/order online?

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Petflow is where a lot of us on here get their dog food from. It's easy to use and free shipping on orders over $49. Petflow.com
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dissident View Post

We have several stores locally that sell Fromm. But it's also manufactured close to here too. But if you can't find a convenient local retailer then check out Pet Flow. (see links on the site for special deals for EBN members because they sponsor here) and you can have it delivered right to your door.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads