time for switching foods... yay!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
alright its time to change lex's food, and its about to drive me crazy lol so many foods and not sure what to try first.
ok when we first go lex the breeder had the pups on natures reciepe, which i didnt like the ingredients in it and it was giving lex the runs bad. well after about 3 or 4 days of the runs we took him to the vet and they gave us some probiotics. we did this for about a week and it never helped his tummy. i suggested to jeff lets go ahead and switch foods so we decided to give him pedigree puppy, after he had eaten his 2nd round of new food we could already tell a diff in lex's poop!!! so we decided to take him off the meds and just try him on the food, and we havent had a problem since!!! we havent had any problems w his skin, allergies nothing, only thing was he had gotten mange around 5 months old... for treats we give bacon, milk bone treats, and also we do carrots and yogurts. lex has developed and i believe is on track, 6 months and around 50 lbs.
well after being on here i read that pedigree is a one star and not good for bullies. the lady that does my hair has a american bulldog and she loves blue buffalo and hasnt had a problem w it yet. i read that blue is a 3 star read a little bit about it so today we went and got a little bag to try. of course we are mixin old w new, he seems to like it so far!!!!
my ?s have been since lex has done awesome on pedigree havent had any problems what kind of food is best to replace the old w? lex does shed pretty good and of course has tear stains, the stains arent to bad though. i've read its trial and error and just seeing whats good for YOUR bullie. just kinda wanna know what other people are feeding their bullies that dont have any skin problems and allergies.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If you have no skin issues or allergies definately at least give AvoDerm a try. It smells soooo good, and your bullies' coat will be soft and smooth, and smell good too! I love smelling Mandy and Molly cuz they do not smell like 'bulldogs'! There is a coupon in the Bully Market for a free bag too- that way you can try it for free! (you just need bully bucks!)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have used and liked many diff foods. :) Yes avoderm is a good one, my boys gobbled it down~LOVED it! I am now trying the fromm since I have heard so much about it but the avoderm did seem to help with the shedding a bit and the boys just barely switched over.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
awesome thanks, i just got a little bag of blue lex seems to like it and hasnt had any bad reactions so far w it....lookin into trying avoderm especially if it helps w the shedding!!! o i also read about salmon oil or something, does that really help w shedding and does it help w other dogs shedding as well... the lab i swear will produce 3 to 4 labs a day just w hair alone and we use the furminater on him and it helps alot too!! just kinda tired of sweeping and vac 2 to 3 times a day lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
awesome thanks, i just got a little bag of blue lex seems to like it and hasnt had any bad reactions so far w it....lookin into trying avoderm especially if it helps w the shedding!!! o i also read about salmon oil or something, does that really help w shedding and does it help w other dogs shedding as well... the lab i swear will produce 3 to 4 labs a day just w hair alone and we use the furminater on him and it helps alot too!! just kinda tired of sweeping and vac 2 to 3 times a day lol

We were giving our Maggie Beneful food and it wasn't until I joined this website that I realised it was only a 1* food too!! :eek: I spent about a week or so on this website "researching" everybodys posts and have opted for the Fromm salmon n' veg - this is our second day of slowly introducing it so can't comment on how well it's going yet. We also have just got the Grizzly pet products salmon oil which I have heard so much about and are slowly introducing that too. I've read that this oil will reduce the shedding ................... and OH BOY ... do I hear ya when it comes to the labs. One of our rescues is a black lab mix, and I swear he must have a friend hidden in the basement cos there is no way that amount of hair could possibly come from just one dog!!! So we're considering giving him the salmon oil too!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.