How much should I be feeding

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Ok, I grabbed a quick snapshot, hopefully this works. Looks like next month or 1 1/2 months I should be around the 2 cups a day range if I read this right.

He is approx 24 lbs now, so I think the 26 lbs at 5 months will be moved to a full 1 3/4 cups. But i'm thinking switching to Fromm for a better food as well.

No not at all were you offensive! I just wanted to make sure you didnt take it the wrong way! Thanks...Sometimes typing instead of speaking makes things sound different and I dont want to have any1 think I am being rude! Thanks for understanding...Yea I agree with Fromm and just did the switch amost 2 months ago and things are great!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
If you decide to use the Fromm Puppy then go with their recommended guidelines. We have Linus on the Fromm 4* range because that's what Maggie and Daddy are on, plus it's an all-stages food so it is suitable for puppy through to seniors. However, for the 4* range it does specifically say to give a puppy more food. From memory I think it was 2-4 times more. So we did have Linus on 2 cups twice a day which is a LOT of food but he's not really pooping too much and at just over 5 months he weighs about 35lb. I've only just switched it down to 1 3/4 cups twice a day ... and will continue to gradually reduce it over the months.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
the amount would depend on the type of food and his activity level. he should have a tuck and when you feel his ribs you should be able to count them but they should not be visible. if you feed too much then they can have diarrhea so you have to just see what amount works for your puppy. This amount may be 2-4 cups/day. Watson is 9 months 59lbs and eats 2 cups/day but I would say he is more like an adult

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
@BruceP I wanted to make sure it was okay vince put that website up.....don't want to make any sponsors mad so I thought I would ask. I am 100% sure if it is not okay he didn't realize that he can't put that up

No links is the rule..... This is a prime example; PetFlow is a sponsor of EBN and the link is for some other place. We get a little bit from each sale that goes to Pet Flow but nothing from who was linked. You must remember that this site is owned and PAID for by desertskybulldogs (Lisa). Its not a for profit site so ANY support she can get helps keep it available for US. OK, off my soapbox... for now. ;)

C

Cooper11

Ok, I grabbed a quick snapshot, hopefully this works. Looks like next month or 1 1/2 months I should be around the 2 cups a day range if I read this right.

He is approx 24 lbs now, so I think the 26 lbs at 5 months will be moved to a full 1 3/4 cups. But i'm thinking switching to Fromm for a better food as well.

And I see this is puppy food for medium puppies. I have to get puppy food for large breed it is either small or large for the food I buy! So might want to check that cuz if he gets over 55 lbs what to you feed him? Seriously I have no clue just wondering. We had Coop on small breed at first but their weigh stopped at 35 lbs or so .....so I was like um maybe he should be on large breed. So I switched. One vet said yes he should be on large and the other said small???? Obviously he isn't a small breed and I would not compare bullies to shih tzu :)

C

Cooper11

No links is the rule..... This is a prime example; PetFlow is a sponsor of EBN and the link is for some other place. We get a little bit from each sale that goes to Pet Flow but nothing from who was linked. You must remember that this site is owned and PAID for by desertskybulldogs (Lisa). Its not a for profit site so ANY support she can get helps keep it available for US. OK, off my soapbox... for now. ;)

:) Just wanted to make you aware! :) maybe you should just make me a moderator! bahahaha I am just joking....I am sure if I was one there would be :poo: and :fart: all over!

mosca72

Jul 15, 2011
New Westminster BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Besito
Besito is 21 months and he has 2 cups a day with a scoop of yougurt in the morning and 3 bananas as a treat
4ac696cd-c3d8-749a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.