Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much should I be feeding

Cooper11

Default Re: How much should I be feeding

@BruceP I wanted to make sure it was okay vince put that website up.....don't want to make any sponsors mad so I thought I would ask. I am 100% sure if it is not okay he didn't realize that he can't put that up

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kain
    Likes (Received)

Sorry @ChanelInBrutus no offence at all very much appreciate the comment. I'm going to once again make sure I'm reading it correctly. I'm trying to order some Fromm but have to order it as no good stores close to me.

I'm currently using Royal Canin /ducks/. I realize that isn't a good food compared to others so hoping to switch soon.

I'm actually going to post a pic of the bag chart maybe I'm out to lunch again but he sure seems like he's getting enough.

Sorry if my reply came off wrong once again, was not my intention was just in a hurry before we had supper.
    Last edited by Vince00; 03-22-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kain
    Likes (Received)

Ok, I grabbed a quick snapshot, hopefully this works. Looks like next month or 1 1/2 months I should be around the 2 cups a day range if I read this right.

He is approx 24 lbs now, so I think the 26 lbs at 5 months will be moved to a full 1 3/4 cups. But i'm thinking switching to Fromm for a better food as well.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince00 View Post
    Ok, I grabbed a quick snapshot, hopefully this works. Looks like next month or 1 1/2 months I should be around the 2 cups a day range if I read this right.

He is approx 24 lbs now, so I think the 26 lbs at 5 months will be moved to a full 1 3/4 cups. But i'm thinking switching to Fromm for a better food as well.

No not at all were you offensive! I just wanted to make sure you didnt take it the wrong way! Thanks...Sometimes typing instead of speaking makes things sound different and I dont want to have any1 think I am being rude! Thanks for understanding...Yea I agree with Fromm and just did the switch amost 2 months ago and things are great!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

If you decide to use the Fromm Puppy then go with their recommended guidelines. We have Linus on the Fromm 4* range because that's what Maggie and Daddy are on, plus it's an all-stages food so it is suitable for puppy through to seniors. However, for the 4* range it does specifically say to give a puppy more food. From memory I think it was 2-4 times more. So we did have Linus on 2 cups twice a day which is a LOT of food but he's not really pooping too much and at just over 5 months he weighs about 35lb. I've only just switched it down to 1 3/4 cups twice a day ... and will continue to gradually reduce it over the months.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

the amount would depend on the type of food and his activity level. he should have a tuck and when you feel his ribs you should be able to count them but they should not be visible. if you feed too much then they can have diarrhea so you have to just see what amount works for your puppy. This amount may be 2-4 cups/day. Watson is 9 months 59lbs and eats 2 cups/day but I would say he is more like an adult

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    @BruceP I wanted to make sure it was okay vince put that website up.....don't want to make any sponsors mad so I thought I would ask. I am 100% sure if it is not okay he didn't realize that he can't put that up

No links is the rule..... This is a prime example; PetFlow is a sponsor of EBN and the link is for some other place. We get a little bit from each sale that goes to Pet Flow but nothing from who was linked. You must remember that this site is owned and PAID for by desertskybulldogs (Lisa). Its not a for profit site so ANY support she can get helps keep it available for US. OK, off my soapbox... for now.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Vince00 View Post

And I see this is puppy food for medium puppies. I have to get puppy food for large breed it is either small or large for the food I buy! So might want to check that cuz if he gets over 55 lbs what to you feed him? Seriously I have no clue just wondering. We had Coop on small breed at first but their weigh stopped at 35 lbs or so .....so I was like um maybe he should be on large breed. So I switched. One vet said yes he should be on large and the other said small???? Obviously he isn't a small breed and I would not compare bullies to shih tzu

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    No links is the rule..... This is a prime example; PetFlow is a sponsor of EBN and the link is for some other place. We get a little bit from each sale that goes to Pet Flow but nothing from who was linked. You must remember that this site is owned and PAID for by desertskybulldogs (Lisa). Its not a for profit site so ANY support she can get helps keep it available for US. OK, off my soapbox... for now.
    Just wanted to make you aware! maybe you should just make me a moderator! bahahaha I am just joking....I am sure if I was one there would be and all over!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Cooper11 moderator wannabe

Bulldog(s) Names
    Major
    Likes (Received)

mine at 10 wks and eating about 3 cups a day

Bulldog(s) Names
    Besito
    Likes (Received)

Besito is 21 months and he has 2 cups a day with a scoop of yougurt in the morning and 3 bananas as a treat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads