Food Switch

bzylstra40

Mar 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Madden
Hi all,
I am new to EBN and first time bully owner. After extensive research and looking at threads on EBN we have decided to switch Maddens food from Royal Canin Bulldog 24 to Fromm Beef Frittata. I would like to start by saying that I had no clue that Royal Canin was not a good food for him, I am glad that I found somewhere that has a lot of good information to direct me in the right direction.

But I guess the main thing that I wanted to talk about is that we have started the transition over and I didn't know that Fromm was going to be such small kibble, it worries me that he will just try to suck it down - instead of actually eating it - and choke and throw up. I just want to make sure this doesn't happen for other people and they do eat it at a normal pace.

Thank you

Here are some pics of out little guy too he will be 1 next week!

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 105

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
let me tag some people who feed this food for their imput as i dont feed it. welcome to ebn by the way. @2BullyMama @BruceP [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG --- he is so beautiful.... Welcome to EBN !

Great move on getting off the RC :barf: ... I recently moved Banks over to Fromm Beef and was a vacuum cleaner when eating, the smaller kibble is actually better for the gobblers as they are less likely to choke on it since it is so small. If he is still too fast... get a slow feed bowl or place a ball in with the food that he has to work around.

OP
bzylstra40

bzylstra40

Mar 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Madden
Thank you.. He is such an awesome dog! Thanks for the tips, hopefully it goes well.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Be still my beating heart ........... Madden is gorgeous!!! I have a thing for white bullies and he is just so adorable!!!

We've been feeding the Fromm 4* for almost 2 years now and love it. They kibble is small but I've never had a problem with choking. I think you'll find that a lot of bullys seem to inhale their food sometimes so if you have a fast eater like that you can get these slow feeder type bowls from places like Petco.

I dont' know if there is any paticular allergy that has made you choose the Beef Frittata but if Madden is ok with grains and chicken then you can actually interchange between the Fromm 4* range without doing any kind of slow transition .. if you like the idea of changing up the different flavours.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey so sorry I am late! I finally got a new computer b/c of EBN! Well anyway nice to meet you and your baby, glad you found this site! AMAZING PEOPLE HERE! I just switched from Solid Gold Lamb/Rice to Fromm Beef Frittatta..Definatley do a slow switch over a few weeks. He had his last 1 week ago and I am noticing a difference already with his muzzle not being so pink and not licking his paws! I feel the Fromm is definatley good b/c you can switch through different kinds salmon,pork,etc without doing it slow you cant just switch to whatever suits your dog! WHat works for one defintaley doenst work for all just have to find whats right! They best thing about Fromm is the little bits...Brutus used to shovel his food in his mouth so quick I was so nervous of vomitting, stomach upset, choking...now with this food he eats so much slower and chances are he wont choke b/c he is careful now! Let me know how it goes and if you need anything else just holler!!!! :) BTW He is so handsome!!! Beautiful white coat!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.