What brand food do you feed your bully and how much?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
So much talk about food wanted to check up with everyone to see what you feed your bully. I recently switched Samson over to Fromm Surf & Turf topped with salmon oil and often mixed with veggies. So far so good! He gets 1 cup twice a day.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am feeding Linus (who is on a diet now - he needs to lose 6 more pounds), Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream with a little soft food of the same brand on top. One cup twice a day. He loves it. I also started feeding him better snacks. His veggies were spit back in my directions, we settle for Dogswell treats that are almost fat free slices of dehydrated duck and chicken with some Natural Balance grain free treats once in a while too.

For Truman, as most know, we are moving to two a day feedings, down from three. I give him 1.5 cups of food, twice a day, since he's growing still.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
I feed Horse Nature's Logic Lamb, 1.5 cups morning and evening. He needs to gain a few pounds, once he does I'll go down to 1C for each feeding. He also eats lots of fruit and veggies for snacks throughout the day (my son lives on fruit and vegetables, so they share snacks!). Horse's favorite snack right now is frozen blueberries that we've picked this summer. Thinking of adding some salmon oil, as I think it woule be beneficial. How much salmon oil should I give him?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am in transition for food AGAIN. lmao. Just switched the boys over to avoderm and now just got my new bag of fromm chicken so I am waiting till the old stuff runs down a bit before I start adding this in. As for amounts this bag says I think 3 cups a day for Cuttys size and 2 for Mugsys, lmao that is too much. I would have to measure my scooper to see how much it really holds but I just do three scoops a day of whatever food I feed nomatter what since I free feed anyhow. I am guessing that the scoops are closer to 1 1/2 cups maybe so they would get about 4 1/2 cups a day at most between the 2 of them but usually they never finish it in 24 hours. Heck some days it last 48 even.

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Sorry I should have used reply with a quote LOL Lauren asked how much salmon oil I give. I don't know for sure because the brand I use has a pump on the bottle so you don't have to use measuring spoons. It's 4 pumps for Samson's weight.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
lol, thanks for the laugh! I couldn't figure out how you would pump dog food! I could only think of canned dog food coming out of a pump...yuk! glad to know you were talking about the salmon oil!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
LMAO that is funny. I was trying to picture this dog food pump. haha.

I thought the same thing.

I feed the dogs Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Bison. With Abby's allergies and Bella's EPI, this is the best choice. A cup each dog AM and PM, Bella gets an extra Cup at lunch. I give Sophie and Abby salmon oil (2 pumps ea) and Bella gets a Krill oil tablet ( she itches with the salmon)

tkletscher

Aug 23, 2010
MN
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger
Our 6 month old bully gets 1.5-2 cups of Wellness Super 5 Just for Puppy (dry food) per day. We feed him 3 times per day.

Champ Waring

Mar 30, 2010
i eat raw! mom goes to da butcher and gets me sum good quality meat wif bone and organ. nom nom nom.

sum good raw resources:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

http://www.rawlearning.com/

http://www.rawmeatybones.com/diet/exp-diet-guide.pdf

7-20-2010 Champ raw diet7.jpg

Weberbulldogs

Jun 24, 2010
North Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Halo & her Baby Moose & 2 Frenchies Herschel and Margo
We currently Feed Halo Acana Pacifica $57 for 29.7lbs (she's pregnant so eating more than normal approx 3 cups) its made by the same company as Orijen We have only been feeding it about a month but she is doing good on it besides a couple of tear stains, if they don't clear up after this new bag we may try Natural balance or Orijen Red :)

We tried lots of diffrent food for our frenchies Instinct, Innova (before P&G bought it) TOTW , etc and they did best on Kirkland brand from Costco its a 3 star food but everyone does very well on it and for the price you can not beat it approx $24 for 40lbs :cool:
Price isn't really an issue but its nice to know that there are foods higher than a 1* that are affordable.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I feed my dogs both Dry Wellness Core, one cup a day. I mix diet and regular together. I also feed one can of Wellness stew dog food a day. They both love it and I have had no allergy problems. I also give treats throughout the day....veggies, bones, etc.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online