Just ordered a bag of Earthborn Meadowfeast...

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I just placed an order for Earthborn Meadowfeast and some Nupro...so I'll report any changes! I was thinking of not starting the Nupro right away and seeing what kind of good can happen just from the Earthborn....watchya think? Actually I should probably definitely wait, since the whole 'changing food' could stress them out, it certainly wouldn't help if I go adding in some crazy health powder :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I sure hope it goes as well for you...err..Bruin and Lilly....as it has for Jake! We went the Great Plains route...Jake needs to stay far away from birds! :ROFL: I agree..one change at a time! Good luck!

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I must have been thinking the Great Plains was the Primitive Natural...I thought the Great Plains had turkey.
How does Jake do with the dried egg product being in there? That's kind of a stupid question, since you've already said in other posts that he's doing great since the switch. I have a hunch that Bruin might be allergic to chicken, but I don't know since I boiled up some chicken last night (bf won't eat chicken that's been frozen :crazy: and I'm a vegetarian, I suppose equally as :crazy:, some would think :), I had to do something with it ) so I boiled it up for them for snacks....Bruin seems fine (except for the paw licking, but that started Friday)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I must have been thinking the Great Plains was the Primitive Natural...I thought the Great Plains had turkey.
How does Jake do with the dried egg product being in there? That's kind of a stupid question, since you've already said in other posts that he's doing great since the switch. I have a hunch that Bruin might be allergic to chicken, but I don't know since I boiled up some chicken last night (bf won't eat chicken that's been frozen :crazy: and I'm a vegetarian, I suppose equally as :crazy:, some would think :), I had to do something with it ) so I boiled it up for them for snacks....Bruin seems fine (except for the paw licking, but that started Friday)

Great Plains is Bison...chicken is such a problem for sooo many Bully's! He is still doing great! I am waiting for my 2nd bag now!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Paw licking is a sign of an allergy..... talk with your vet about a full blood screen allergy test - it takes the guess work out out it.

I bought a trail size of the Great Plains and WHOA.... Banks has some serious :fart: going. I was using them as treats for the week... so I am going to try the Meadowfeast as treats and see where that leads us.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
The vet is the one who tried telling us it wasn't food. Good thing I don't listen to vets. :D What could it be though...it's such a limited array of ingredients with the nvi lid lamb...unless its environmental

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The vet is the one who tried telling us it wasn't food. Good thing I don't listen to vets. :D What could it be though...it's such a limited array of ingredients with the nvi lid lamb...unless its environmental

It could totally be environmental... Banks is allergic to tress, grass, weeds, molds and house fly (the list goes on)

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I have to get that blood test....what the heck am I dragging my butt for?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We have a new Bully in our "Bullyhood" and guess what he is allergic to?? Human Dander!! WTF?? Good thing he doesn't live in my house..he'd be "The Bully In The Bubble"!!!! And I'd be drunk all the time! :laugh:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I have to get that blood test....what the heck am I dragging my butt for?
yes i waited to do sarah and wish i would have done it sooner. it so takes the guess work out of it. well unless your bully is allergic to all kibble like mine:ROFL: and just between us :secret: i think [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] is drunk alot. just look at her posts :laugh:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would work on the food before adding the powder. if you have a problem it takes some of the guess work out of narrowing down which is doing it.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We have a new Bully in our "Bullyhood" and guess what he is allergic to?? Human Dander!! WTF?? Good thing he doesn't live in my house..he'd be "The Bully In The Bubble"!!!! And I'd be drunk all the time! :laugh:

Oh... then I can send Banks to you and you'll be the perfect pair! :yeah:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.