Angel eyes

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
Hello everybody, just wanted to share with you guys that my mom went to the pet store today and when she came home she surprised me with a bottle of angel eyes..Has anyone have a good experience with this? And do you guys recommend this for our bullies? Wrigley currently is in the process of switching foods he is on the duck and sweet potatos but I think his stains developed from his other food he had. He just has two on his face, I have been doing cornstarch and peroxide for about 4 days now seems to be the same, but I understand it takes awhile? Do you guys recommend angel eyes? Thank you EBN for everything:D

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Angel Eyes has Tylan in which is an antibiotic. I think you have to use it for a long period of time. So Im not sure its good for them. I put Apple Cider Vinegar in my dogs water and that seems to help. There is also a vitamin called NuVet that is supposed to help get rid of tear stains.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use Witch Hazel on a cotton pad once/twice a week... daily I use unscented baby wipes

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=778]rescue[/MENTION] me and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] thank you!!

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=3100]wautersa[/MENTION] how old is your dog? and so you dont think theres a diffrence on how it looks?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I use to use it on BabyGirl when her tear stains were bad but once it cleared up I never used it again. A member of a meetup group recommended it to me. I never even gave her a full dosage as I was nervous about using something I didn't fully comprehend how it worked. Now if her tears build up (maybe once a month) I just wash and dry with a baby sized wash cloth and apply a little ointment in those wrinkles with a Q-tip but careful not to get into eyes.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
@Fontanafox what ointment do you use?

If it's not irritated yet...you can just put a teeny amount of Vaseline. But if it looks raw and inflamed I use regular Neosporin on a Q-Tip and rub it "gently" on being careful not to get any into eyes. Lucky for me BabyGirl sits still for me. Louie will even close his eyes when I ask him but Wilson...FUHGETABOUTIT!!!!! ... I have to chase him down and practically wrestle him to the ground!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I haven't used it myself but my mom uses Angel Eyes on her bichon. It seems to work ok.

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
If it's not irritated yet...you can just put a teeny amount of Vaseline. But if it looks raw and inflamed I use regular Neosporin on a Q-Tip and rub it "gently" on being careful not to get any into eyes. Lucky for me BabyGirl sits still for me. Louie will even close his eyes when I ask him but Wilson...FUHGETABOUTIT!!!!! ... I have to chase him down and practically wrestle him to the ground!
A friend of mine actually told me about using vaseline near eyes and paws for stains. Sounds scary though, exactly how do you use/apply the vaseline? I plan to use it down line too but want to make sure I don't hurt her

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
A friend of mine actually told me about using vaseline near eyes and paws for stains. Sounds scary though, exactly how do you use/apply the vaseline? I plan to use it down line too but want to make sure I don't hurt her

Always clean the wrinkles under the eyes first with warm water and just a drop of dog shampoo mixed in. You can just dip a cotton ball and gently rub away any crusty tears away then dry with another dry cotton ball. Dip a Q-Tip in the jar and just get a tiny bit at a time. If you feel it's too much just wipe the excess off with a cotton ball or another clean Q-Tip end. I would not put it on the paws though. Paws just have to be kept clean and dry. If your dog has minor itching of paws you can rub a cotton ball soaked with witch hazel between the toes. It is a natural astringent so no need to dry after application. Witch hazel can be found in any market/drug store. Of course if it is a severe licking and or chewing then you are probably dealing with allergies and you must consult with your vet.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.