Dog has odor

fonzy13

Oct 2, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Zero
Hey guys, I need some help. I have a 6 month old puppy & recently he has a strong odor & has been shedding bad. We have been feeding him Natures Recipe Lamb & rice. I recently been giving him Grizzley oil to calm shedding. I was thinking of changing food to either Innova or Earthborn. Should i keep him on puppy & which one would be good to switch too? Any advice.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i dont know about kibbles as i raw feed but your pup can move on to adult food now ,i know a few owners feed orijen ,i believe its expensive but very good,im sure others will advise you,karen

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I agree with [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] and maybe you should research the raw food alternative too. No smells, minimum shedding in addition to other health benefits. If you go the kibble road I suugest to choose something No. 1 grain free.

cornelia

Feb 16, 2012
Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Frieda, Kosmo
I agree with [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] and maybe you should research the raw food alternative too. No smells, minimum shedding in addition to other health benefits. If you go the kibble road I suugest to choose something No. 1 grain free.

She is right. Change the food.

For a healthy skin - without dandruff - put daily and for several weeks a spoonful very good oil on his food. Salmon oil, linseed oil, Borage seed oil effectively stimulate skin.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes i think something grain free. earthborn is an excellent choice. innova has grains and is owned by proctor and gamble to boot. you can try taste of the wild also its grain free and not very expensive. i use wild alaskan salmon oil but you can use regular fish oil or any oil really. let us know how it goes.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We had amazing results when we switched HRH from Bil-Jac to Fromm grain free beef Frittata. Even her :poo: isn't as offensive as it was.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Go with Earthborn... grain free and nicely priced

OP
fonzy13

fonzy13

Oct 2, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Zero
Well the pet store does't carry earthborn, so we are going to try blue wilderness.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
You may want to check with your vet about the odor. When we got Amy she had an odor. The vet recognized it at once as mange (even though her previous vet didn't know). She was treated with antibiotics and other meds and shampoo. Within a couple of weeks the odor was gone and her hair all grew in. It was congenital.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well the pet store does't carry earthborn, so we are going to try blue wilderness.

You can order it on-line from Petflow.com use our coupon - englishbulldognews - and get, I think free shipping.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online