Am I moving to fast?

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
Hi everybody, I have been transitioning Wrigley to FROMM 4 star Duck & Sweet Potato for about 3 days now. He currently was on a diamond puppy food (what the breeder had him on). So on day 1. I did 1 cup of diamond and 3/4 cup FROMM. On day 2, I did the same thing. On Day 3 I did 1 cup diamond and half cup FROMM. Today I did 1 cup of FROMM and 3/4cup diamond. He ate all of it but each time I had to put at least 2 tablespoon of canned pumkin. Do I need to slow down the transition? And is it okay to give the canned pumkin each time? He seems to be okay on the new food. But i noticed he has tear stains on his face, I beleive its from the other food, and how long does will it take for the stains to go away. Thanks in advance!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I would take about 2 weeks total. I take about 3 days for each step. I feed Jake 1 cup twice a day..so my transition goes like this....3/4 old..1/4 new for 3 days..then 1/2 old..1/2 new for 3 days...then 3/4 new..1/4 old for 3 days.. If at any time he gets an upset tummy..I go back a step for a few days..then move on again. You can add pumpkin while you are transitioning...just to help his :poo:! I don't know about tear stains but I noticed subtle changes with Jake's new food in about 2 weeks..his :poo: was better and recently I noticed a big improvement in his coat. I'd allow 6 weeks to see full affect.

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] that is good info thanks alot i will def keep that in mind!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] has got you cover.....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] gave you great advice. you may want to slow it down a bit if he doesnt want to eat it. bullies can get upset tummies easily. just slow it down and see if it gets better. some changes will occur quick and some will take a few weeks. good luck and let us know how it goes.

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]..I have been doing 1 cup new 1cup old until today I did 1 cup new 3/4 old. He ate about half the bowl then I had to put in 1 tblsp of canned pumkin. How long do I keep giving him canned pumkin with his meals? And is this healthy to give everyday seems like he will only eat if I put that tblspn in? Also how do I know if Wrigley has an upset stomach? he seems to be okay his poop doesnt smell as bad and somewhat hard.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4338]Antonio Tablante[/MENTION] he may just not like the food. mine have not eat food before as they just didnt like it. i dont think the pumpkin will hurt but i dont think its meant for long term use. you may have to find something else your dog does want to eat. it happens. you might want to start looking for something else. thats why i always buy a small bag or several to try a new food out so im not stuck with this bag of food they wont eat or are allergic to. wrigley will throw up or have lots of gas if its not agreeing. also loose stool is another sign. food for a bully is daunting for sure but can be found. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.