I know its not an english but

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I have a question. These two frenchies are ten almost eleven weeks old. Ive been feeding them an all stage food. Do you think that is ok? or should I put them on Fromm gold puppy for awhile? They seem like they are doing good though one has an obsession with Gracies poo. Think maybe he isnt getting the nutrients he needs?

Thanks

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have a question. These two frenchies are ten almost eleven weeks old. Ive been feeding them an all stage food. Do you think that is ok? or should I put them on Fromm gold puppy for awhile? They seem like they are doing good though one has an obsession with Gracies poo. Think maybe he isnt getting the nutrients he needs?

Thanks

Hey! I would say puppy food! I have always given puppy up until 12 mnths! There are a lot of nutrients that adult food doesn't have. Can you post a pic of the babies! Lol

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
well with the ebs i put them on an all life stages at 4 mos, but these guys are acting like they arent getting enough. So Im going tomorrow to buy puppy food.

This is Bogart aka Bogey
iphone 003.jpgiphone 006.jpgiphone 004.jpg

This is my daughters Ziggy..I take care of him so he might as well be mine. lol

iphone 007.jpgIphone 003.jpg

They dont hold still very well...Right now they are playing turbo puppy

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Omg adorable! I would try it out bc she is eatin poo (yuck) lol Yea I have 8mnth Brutus still on puppy food! Is their a reason you feed them all stages at 4mnths?

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
i guess because I liked the fromm 4 star so much..lol

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol :) I was going to give Brutus puppy food until about 12 mnths and then switch to Fromm/blue buffalo I'm not sure which one yet!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We got Cheli at 7 months and I put him (transition from S/D :barf:) on Fromm Beef Fritatta... and he is doing great. I would suspect it may be good to put the little guys on the puppy food for a few months so they are getting all they need... seeing how you pulled them from a puppy mill.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm a new bully mama, but what I have read and in conversing with our vet, puppies need to be on puppy food for several months, until their growing slows drastically. Puppy food is higher in calories, has added nutrients and is easier to digest so that their bodies can absorb all the goodness. Between growing and playing they burn lots of calories and need the extra boost. Bully babies continue growing longer than smaller breeds, so it is better to keep them on the puppy food longer. My vet recommends my baby staying on puppy food until at least 6 months old.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would say puppy food for a while. till they get a bit older. :Dthey are adorable laurie

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
fromm 4 star is an all stage food, so I don't think it is necessarily the food. I think some pups tend to gravitate toward eating poo.. yuck! Maybe a couple months of puppy food, then you can switch back. since they are puppy mill they might need some catching up on their nutrition... they are adorable!!

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=1930]RescueMe[/MENTION] I have always thought the frenchies are cool looking and was actually looking at them along with the english before i bought Coop. How are they comparable to english ...same personality???? Would you pick your english over your frenchie???

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
There personalities are totally different..They are hilarious so far. Hop like deer, follow you everywhere..Hmm I like both for different reasons. i would have a hard time choosing between the two..They play alot more than the english..

C

Cooper11

There personalities are totally different..They are hilarious so far. Hop like deer, follow you everywhere..Hmm I like both for different reasons. i would have a hard time choosing between the two..They play alot more than the english..
M uncle has a half Boston half french! He more looks like a Boston though but with taller ears....He is a grouchy little thing and always tries humping Cooper when we see them! He has even bit my uncle and my cousin in the face...dunno if that is more the boston or the french coming out.....or just that they don't know how to discipline their dogs! They have always had big outside dogs and inside cats...never a small dog inside and I think they let him get away with a lot of naughty stuff! :) I wrote on the chat.....How is Gracie did you learn anything today?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
.....or just that they don't know how to discipline their dogs! and I think they let him get away with a lot of naughty stuff!

That would be the issue....

Most Reactions