Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@MissPennyLue ..Fromm is a wonderful food and Jake did very well on it. I just thought for him..I wasn't thrilled his :poo: was still not right and he scratched a lot. I tried another brand first and he had an instant horrible reaction.I went right back to Fromm and had reisigned myself to the fact..perfect just might not be available for him. A few months went by and @cowsmom researched different food. She thought this would be worth a try. I figured ok..any problems and he will be back to Fromm. I'm thrilled so far..and I hope it stays good..but if any problem I'd go to Fromm in an instant. I hope it works gret for Penny! :up:

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
@MissPennyLue ..Fromm is a wonderful food and Jake did very well on it. I just thought for him..I wasn't thrilled his :poo: was still not right and he scratched a lot. I tried another brand first and he had an instant horrible reaction.I went right back to Fromm and had reisigned myself to the fact..perfect just might not be available for him. A few months went by and @cowsmom researched different food. She thought this would be worth a try. I figured ok..any problems and he will be back to Fromm. I'm thrilled so far..and I hope it stays good..but if any problem I'd go to Fromm in an instant. I hope it works gret for Penny! :up:

THanks for your input!! She seems better in some ways since the switch to grain free (less watery eyes, better breath surprisingly!). She is still itching some...running around biting her legs occasionally & pink in the face at times. I think I'll give her a chance to see how she does on the GF Fromm before switching.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I am loving our results so far..I'm still at 3/4 new 1/4 old..(Fromm Beef). Only because I wanted to finish off the Fromm. I just in the last few days started to realize how soft Jake's coat is and his shedding is soo much better. His :poo: is absolutely the best he has ever had. I only :begging: it stays this way! Getting ready to order second bag.

@JeannieCO ..it is available at certain retailers. I decided to order from Petflow but it's at a small pet store about 15 minutes away. Jake is on Great Plains Feast..no chicken..grain free.

Becky, i had no idea you changed foods! i'm soooo behind on my reading here! this is good to know and sounds like a worthwhile alternative to Fromm.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Well I am not sure all the brands that are grain/Gluten free out there. I do know that Darford is and their food is very high rated. I had hopes to get Bella on that one, but no luck. I also know that Darford donates to Bully rescues, for every bag you buy and register, they donate a bag to their accepted rescues. I do know that Buddies thru Bullies and English Bulldog Rescue of Georgia are a couple of their accepted rescues.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If I may add. We have switched to Taste of the Wild, Prairie and everyone here has had improvement on the tears and poops, even Jack with his scratching, it's gone. So far I'm very happy with it. Or should I say "they" are very happy with it. I also put a spoon full of yogurt on top for good measure. They all eat at the same time without bugging each other. They finish at just about the same time too. I must say, feeding time is such a pleasure around here. My list of tries has been first Fromm, then NVI and now TOTW. knock wood.:sense:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
If I may add. We have switched to Taste of the Wild, Prairie and everyone here has had improvement on the tears and poops, even Jack with his scratching, it's gone. So far I'm very happy with it. Or should I say "they" are very happy with it. I also put a spoon full of yogurt on top for good measure. They all eat at the same time without bugging each other. They finish at just about the same time too. I must say, feeding time is such a pleasure around here. My list of tries has been first Fromm, then NVI and now TOTW. knock wood.:sense:

:up: Good Luck Sherry! :begging:

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] the kibble is larger than NVI and Fromm. I would call it average or normal size, maybe a tad smaller.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Interestingly, I went to my regular feed store where I get the Blue Wilderness and they just started carrying Earthborn! They had the 1lb trial bags there for $2.99 and on the back of the bag is a $3 coupon. The 28lb bag was $5 cheaper than the 24lb Blue Wilderness bag. I'm a brand loyalist (even stuck with Blue throughout the recalls) but today, I brought home 2 trial bags of the Earthborn... I don't know if I'm going to do it yet. I haven't switched food since Gizmo was born and I'm not sure $5+ savings is going to be worth it. I'll let you know if I take the plunge...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm researching/reading to see if I will make a more... almost 12.00 a bag cheaper if I go with it. But, Banks' colitis is acting up again so I'm not sure it is a good idea to mess with her food.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm researching/reading to see if I will make a more... almost 12.00 a bag cheaper if I go with it. But, Banks' colitis is acting up again so I'm not sure it is a good idea to mess with her food.

:hmm: I wouldn't unless it would help her in the long run and weigh the risk...the food will always be there when she's feeling better. Just my scarety cat opinion!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
If this stuff cures tear stains / eye circles whatever the hell ya call em, slap my *** and call me Sally, I'll buy a giant fifty pound bag tomorrow and start eating it myself.

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - what was the protein in Earthborn Hollistic? We can't have chicken here. Does it meet with your approval, Gastronomical Goddess? *snork*

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It did not help Tidus's stains, but he doesn't really have tear stains. Just the rings around his eyes. It did great on Molly & Jesse however. The great plains formula has no chicken [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] and if you read the ingredient list, it is pretty good. Bison, Peas, Lamb, I think Potato, Flaxseed oil? Geez I cannot remember but I know I thought it to be a very good combo, nothing like any food I have ever tired before.....

Tidus got his first meal tonight. Rice, Eggs, Broccoli and Yogurt! Everyone else is doing great on their food so if it isn't broke I am not going to fix it.

Wish us luck!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
If this stuff cures tear stains / eye circles whatever the hell ya call em, slap my *** and call me Sally, I'll buy a giant fifty pound bag tomorrow and start eating it myself.

@cowsmom - what was the protein in Earthborn Hollistic? We can't have chicken here. Does it meet with your approval, Gastronomical Goddess? *snork*

Im not "The Gastro Queen"!! :ROFL: but Jake can't have chicken..and I'm pretty sure he has issues with salmon too! [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] picked this one (great plains feast) to work around his allergies....they have other formulas too..but the bison is one we are trying!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.