Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 80

Thread: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

  1. #49
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,138
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11474

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    @BruceP have you tried the new flavor from FROMM, the "game bird recipe"? Buddy just loves it and is doing good on it.
    I think, HRH has sensitvity to Chicken which I think is in this flavor
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  2. #50
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I think, HRH has sensitvity to Chicken which I think is in this flavor
    That is why but I was on my tablet above and was having trouble typing... that's why the short answer... Each of the new products from Fromm have something that Gracie doesn't do well with. I guess that is why Im anxious to try the Earthborn. We started this morning giving HRH a little Great Plains Feist as treats just to give her a taste of it.

  3. #51
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,138
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11474

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    That is why but I was on my tablet above and was having trouble typing... that's why the short answer... Each of the new products from Fromm have something that Gracie doesn't do well with. I guess that is why Im anxious to try the Earthborn. We started this morning giving HRH a little Great Plains Feist as treats just to give her a taste of it.

    Ooooooooooooooo... I'm doing the same with Banks. Bought a 6lb bag and will be starting as treats for a few days to see if there are any issues.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. #52
    Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Posts
    1,491
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    I have 2 $3 Earthborne coupons for those who want it. PM me where to mail it to!

    I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

  5. #53
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Watson's Avatar
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,099
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    Watson has been on Earthborn holistic great plains for the past week and no issues so far. His stool is a little more firm than on Fromm beef. Tear stains are about the same. He likes to to eat it which is important. No hives or bumps or hotspots so far (he will get these immediately when he eats something he is allergic to like chicken). No noticeable gas. I think his muzzle is less pink but he has some chin acne (we use stainless steel bowls only). His coat seems to have a little more oil in it. Since the kibble size is larger, he doesn't try to inhale it at meal time and choke. He doesn't have a problem with yeast infections so I cannot comment on that but I like the fact that Earthborn does not have potatoes. Overall he is doing a little better on Great plains than on fromm beef with his stool being a little firmer (better for me as his pooper scooper). Since Earthborn is cheaper, we will continue with it.
    -imag0210-jpg
    Last edited by Watson; 03-02-2012 at 05:37 AM.

  6. #54
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Watson's Avatar
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,099
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    as i was posting how good this food was i looked at the dogfood advisor website and apparently canola oil is bad and also is found in Earthborn holistic

    The Weston A. Price Foundation article quotes numerous studies of the effects of Canola oil in animals; “These studies all point in the same direction--that canola oil is definitely not healthy for the cardiovascular system. Like rapeseed oil, its predecessor, canola oil is associated with fibrotic lesions of the heart. It also causes vitamin E deficiency, undesirable changes in the blood platelets and shortened life-span in stroke-prone rats when it was the only oil in the animals' diet. Furthermore, it seems to retard growth, which is why the FDA does not allow the use of canola oil in infant formula.”

    What do the food experts here think? I may have to try something else....
    @cowsmom
    @JAKEISGREAT
    @desertskybulldogs
    Last edited by Watson; 03-02-2012 at 09:08 AM.

  7. #55
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    earthborn has great protein 1 has like 38 and 2 are 32 i think and then one is 25 or something. long as you stay away from primative natural you should be fine. tell me what that other food was you were feeding with the peas i need to look at it again.
    That other food was Nutrisca (or something that sounds like that) and that's where I was going to go next - but this Earthborn Holistic sounds great.

    @anatess - thank you for the details up there in this thread. Based on your post, I think the "meadow" version is the one for us if we go this way. I want my pup's faces to be just like @karenben 's Annie.....*pout*

  8. #56
    I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    KMARINO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Bradenton Fl.
    Posts
    7,294
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)
    181

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    Vegas has been officially on Earthborn Meadow Feast for 3 weeks after doing a slow food change of almost 3 weeks. He was on NVI Salmon, He is doing great on it and I have noticed his fur is softer and his eyes are not quite as runny.

  9. #57
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Vegas has been officially on Earthborn Meadow Feast for 3 weeks after doing a slow food change of almost 3 weeks. He was on NVI Salmon, He is doing great on it and I have noticed his fur is softer and his eyes are not quite as runny.

    Kelly.... that is great!!!!! We've been giving HRH some as treats but haven't started to switch yet..... She loves the stuff.

  10. #58
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    as i was posting how good this food was i looked at the dogfood advisor website and apparently canola oil is bad and also is found in Earthborn holistic

    The Weston A. Price Foundation article quotes numerous studies of the effects of Canola oil in animals; “These studies all point in the same direction--that canola oil is definitely not healthy for the cardiovascular system. Like rapeseed oil, its predecessor, canola oil is associated with fibrotic lesions of the heart. It also causes vitamin E deficiency, undesirable changes in the blood platelets and shortened life-span in stroke-prone rats when it was the only oil in the animals' diet. Furthermore, it seems to retard growth, which is why the FDA does not allow the use of canola oil in infant formula.”

    What do the food experts here think? I may have to try something else....
    @cowsmom
    @JAKEISGREAT
    @desertskybulldogs


    Im not a food expert but I'll bet there is an 800 # on the bag where you could call them and find out...... and let us all know what they say about the canola oil.

  11. #59
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,138
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11474

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Kelly.... that is great!!!!! We've been giving HRH some as treats but haven't started to switch yet..... She loves the stuff.
    Bruce - which were you giving as treats? Great Plains or Meadowfeast? I used the Great Plains with Banks as treats for a week --- her Colitis (blood in and bleeding after) started back up. I gave her some of the Meadowfeast last night as a treat so we'll see how her butt is later today.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  12. #60
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Bruce - which were you giving as treats? Great Plains or Meadowfeast? I used the Great Plains with Banks as treats for a week --- her Colitis (blood in and bleeding after) started back up. I gave her some of the Meadowfeast last night as a treat so we'll see how her butt is later today.

    Christine... We've been giving HRH the Great Plains and she loves it as a treat. We still have about 2/3 bag of Beef Frittats left so IF we try to change it will be a while. HRH only eats 1 1/2 cups a day so it takes a while to go thru a bag.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •