Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Earthborn Holistic trial, the results are in.

@BruceP ...this is exactly why I had to switch to a new food! I was sooo hoping one of their new formulas was also chicken and salmon free. My Dena dog was actually starting to turn her nose up at the beef...I put a bit of canned food over it to pacify her. Jake eats cardboard..so that wasn't his problem. I do wish we could rotate flavors with the Earthborne..but with what Anatess is saying that's a !!!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    @BruceP ...this is exactly why I had to switch to a new food! I was sooo hoping one of their new formulas was also chicken and salmon free. My Dena dog was actually starting to turn her nose up at the beef...I put a bit of canned food over it to pacify her. Jake eats cardboard..so that wasn't his problem. I do wish we could rotate flavors with the Earthborne..but with what Anatess is saying that's a !!!
    My post got cut-off at the knees... I had to edit it and re-write the rest in so now it is as long as you expect it. LOL. So, if you read the unfinished one, see if you'd like to skim through the complete post. In my opinion, you can rotate flavors with the Earthborne (the magic formula is those that contain probiotics and chelated minerals should work like Fromm - interchangeable flavors within the same formula). BUT, because each flavor has different protein content, you'll need to adjust the feeding amount to maintain the same caloric intake. My dogs will not mind it - they basically eat what is put infront of them - they'll keep eating until the food is gone or they pass out. LOL! No, I haven't really tried just putting more and more and more food until they pass out. LOL...

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    My post got cut-off at the knees... I had to edit it and re-write the rest in so now it is as long as you expect it. LOL. So, if you read the unfinished one, see if you'd like to skim through the complete post. In my opinion, you can rotate flavors with the Earthborne (the magic formula is those that contain probiotics and chelated minerals should work like Fromm - interchangeable flavors within the same formula). BUT, because each flavor has different protein content, you'll need to adjust the feeding amount to maintain the same caloric intake. My dogs will not mind it - they basically eat what is put infront of them - they'll keep eating until the food is gone or they pass out. LOL! No, I haven't really tried just putting more and more and more food until they pass out. LOL...
    was wondering what happened to your usual 5 pages! That's what the rep told @BruceP...great news actually.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    do i remember right that potato is out? if so a couple of their grain free has potato. just fyi
    See why I LOVE you! thx.... Great Plains and Meadow (something or other).

@JAKEISGREAT -- I am thinking, even though it is not on her allergy list, Banks has issue with Salmon. I got that free bag of Fromm (tunalini - i think it is called) and I gave her a 1/4 in a treat ball -- within two hours her face was bright red and her belly had a rash. Thank God it was free
    Last edited by 2BullyMama; 02-23-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I just got the Earthborn Holistic Grain-Free Great Plains (it's grain, gluten, AND potato free) formula today and started transitioning the bullies at dinner time. I agree with @desertskybulldog assessment - it smells good and the kibbles are a nice size (no wasted kibble or inhaling it without chewing). It was also $18 less per bag than NVI LID.

Of course the true test is how well the dogs do on it so I will keep everyone apprised of my findings as well!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I couldn't find this brand anywhere in Charleston so I bought some on petflow. I am gonna try it too. Still want some improvement on the pink face and tear stains that Watson still gets on Fromm beef. Also looking for firmer poo. I hope this does the trick.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I couldn't find this brand anywhere in Charleston so I bought some on petflow. I am gonna try it too. Still want some improvement on the pink face and tear stains that Watson still gets on Fromm beef. Also looking for firmer poo. I hope this does the trick.
    What one did you order? You might want to add the canned pumpkin, like the sales rep suggested, as you transition. He says it helps the !!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    What one did you order? You might want to add the canned pumpkin, like the sales rep suggested, as you transition. He says it helps the !!!
    I ordered the great plains feast. Watson is allergic to chicken. He breaks out in hives and hotspots. Thanks for the pumpkin tip. I have a can here ready to go.
    Last edited by Watson; 02-23-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I ordered the great plains feast. Watson is allergic to chicken. He breaks out in hives and hotspots. Thanks for the pumpkin tip. I have a can here ready to go.
    Yup..Jake is bad with chicken too..and I suspect salmon too! I hope Watson does as well as Jake has.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

I will be watching this thread with KEEN INTEREST! Having just bought the truckload bag of Nature's Balance LID Duck/Potato, I won't be switching for awhile....BUT, like my Gastronomical Goddess friend, I am amending morning meals with either 1)scrambled eggs (1 each) OR 1/4 cup plain yogurt OR 1/4 cup cottage cheese. Seems to be really helping my little Road Turtle Beatrice in her energy levels. She kept UP with Bo the other day on a woodland trek where we were jumping over logs and the whole nine yards. She also went "swimming" in an icy creek and LOVED it. I had to pull her out of there. Upping the protein around here has really helped. The yogurt is just a pro-biotic thing - plus, they think its ice cream.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@BruceP have you tried the new flavor from FROMM, the "game bird recipe"? Buddy just loves it and is doing good on it.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

No..........

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads