Pin sized hole!

Weberbulldogs

Jun 24, 2010
North Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Halo & her Baby Moose & 2 Frenchies Herschel and Margo
Ugh! Last night we went out and got Halo some more Acana Pacifica and once there I noticed all the bags were no longer vacuum sealed, I just assumed that they changed the packaging since every bag of Acana/Orijen was like this except one (which I assued was from the last shipment).

I asked the store owner and she said something crazy like it depends on the heat of the food once packaged all I could say was oh :rolleyes: Its not a very well lit store so I couldn't get a very good look at it there but once home I decided to lay the bag down and push to find out if it was still sealed good. and Of course I find 2 small holes where the air is leaking out and if I didn't have OCD over my dogs food I would had never of noticed.

So should I return it or am I over reacting? I think about it this way, you wouldn't buy a bag of chips with a small hole in the bag because the contents inside would be stale. :eek:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7254/acanahole.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
ok would definately take it back! I got a bag of "sour" food before and it coated me $275 in vet bills before I figured out it was that the food was sour. One problem with good food- you must be sure it is fresh- compared to feeding low grade foods that are full of preservatives.

Miche1020

Apr 11, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe & Lily
I would contact manufacturer first and tell them about this so they can check shipments for problems. They may send you some coupons too. I definitely return to store for refund and purchase elsewhere since their staff doesn't seem too knowledgeable about the products they sell!

OP
Weberbulldogs

Weberbulldogs

Jun 24, 2010
North Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
I did e-mail the company since it was late yesterday and they are not open today to call. I am taking the bag back today and I will check the other bags again while I am there. I am kinda in the country so not a lot of stores sell Acana so it may turn into a road trip today :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Good information. When I bought my first bag of TOTW, it had a little hole in it and I said I wanted a different bag but the clerk offered $5 so I took it. Oops! Better safe than sorry, not worth a big vet bill!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I would take it back. Even if the food isn't "sour" then you have to ask, Why are there small holes? Did something make it, like a bug or worm of some kind? I was at our Pet SuperMarket last week and there was a women there returning food. She said it had worms, she said when she first opened it, she never noticed but then her dog got very sick. She looked very close and saw the worms. When she was returning it, she was checking the other bags and that one had them too, so she left w/o any. It was a different brand that we use, but I looked very closely at our bag. Just in case the infestation was in the store.

OP
Weberbulldogs

Weberbulldogs

Jun 24, 2010
North Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone I returned the bag, better safe than sorry =)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.